Friday, April 16, 2010

Littleman's Lounge: Bae Bae

Photobucket

Photobucket

Tell us a little about yourself and your son:

First, I would like to say...Thank You Nikki, for allowing my son to be a part of your blog.

This is Laverius aka Bae Bae (like the song a bay bay) aka Redman.,.....he just turned 5 years old this month and the youngest of four boys. I have not figured out what his hair type is. I know he has wavy,curly,thin,thick and lots of shrinkage that I love.

What is your son's hair care routine?
 
Bae Bae has a simple routine. Winter/cold months, he gets cowashed once every two weeks. Summer/warmer months, he gets cowashed once a week and during the cowash is when I detangle his hair with a large tooth comb. Sometimes I put conditioner in his hair as a leave in. I rarely use shampoo because it's drying. I only shampoo when his hair has build up. I use a clarifyng shampoo 2-3 times a year if needed. After he gets a cowash , I use a alot of moisturizing lotion on his hair before he gets his ponytails. I do use rubberbands but they have to be soaked in olive oil and where ever I place the rubberband on his hair must have lots of moisture. The rubberbands are never tight because it will cause breakage. I always cut the rubberbands from his hair so there is no breakage. His hair only needs to be sprayed with a moisturizing finishing mist 1 to 2 times a week because I use enough moisturizer to last awhile. He never gets rubberbands on the ends of his ponytails, if they look as if they are dry or matted..I just spray with the moisturizer, take the ends down, detangle and rebraid that part. Bae Bae wears mostly 2-20 ponytails and I switch up the parts to minimize breakage from having the same parts and the hair possibly being pulled into the same style all the time. I never use a brush on his hair at all. Once his hair is detangled, I just gently pull his hair into the ponytail, band the hair and braid it. I redo his ponytails according to how many he has. If he has lots of ponies I redo them once every two weeks. Less ponies equals once a week. I trim his hair every 2-3 months. When he gets a trim I put his hair in ponytails and 2 strand his hair as far down as possible and trim. Sometimes he may not need a trim and Iwill trim at least an inch or two off.. He only wears his hair in braids 2 maybe 3 times a year..when they are taken down I will do another trim just in case the beads he had in his hair caused any breakage. Redman sometimes sleep in a satin cap but I don't put to much pressure on him to wear it.


What kind of products do you use on his hair?
 
I'm still trying to find a good shampoo. As for now I use V05 moisturizing conditioners for cowash and a little for a leave in , VO5 moisturizing shampoo or clarifying shampoo only if there's buildup I know a cowash will not cleanse. For moisture..I use Wave Nouveau Finishing Lotion and Wave Nouveau Finishing Mist. I have tried Pantene products, Mane n Tail products and much more and found out that less has worked better for him.
 
Can we see some hair pictures?
 
Sure.


Hair cowashed/airdried

Photobucket

Ponytails/2 strand twist (I luv shrinkage)

Photobucket

Trim Check

Photobucket

Hair detangled,moisturized and trimmed w/shrinkage

Photobucket

The usual-ponytails

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 banded ponytails

Photobucket

3 layers/big criss-cross braids

Photobucket

How does your son feel about his hair?
He loves his hair and is always showing it off. I will never blow dry or straigten his hair and yes I do get tempted to see his true length but I'm scared. I will never cut his hair completely off or give him a texturizer because it is not my choice... it's his. I will not allow him to make a decision until he is an adult because our children go through so much of what society feels how a young man/boy should wear his hair and put their beliefs off on them. If he wants.. I will keep it trimmed to a certain length, just as I do for his brothers until the day comes for him to make that decision with a clear level head.

If you had to share one hair care tip, what would it be?
It's hard to narrow it down to one. Let's see, some of the ladies have already given great tips. One of my great tips would have to be "Less Manipulation". I know it sounds bad but it does wonders for our kids hair. I stand by this tip and all of four of my boys have long hair. Yes, every child's hair is different but less is always better.

___________________________________

Okay, how can you deny Bae Bae's cuteness? His mother does a great job on his hair. I am taking notes since I plan on letting my little guy grow his hair out. Keep up the good work mom! I love his hair and I love how versatile his styles are. 
___________________________________
Click here to see how you can sign your Littleman aka future heartbreaker up!

8 comments :

  1. Wow, that hair is gorgeous, nice length and those braids are amazing, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he is so adorable.. if i'd have been blessed with a son i'd have deffinatley let his hair grow out like that as well.. it looks gorgeous. Great Job mama oxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! Little guy has a head full of hair!! Great job Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies. I'm not a professional braider...I just dream of a hair style and try it out on bae Bae and his brothers.

    @ Nikki...Can't wait to see the styles your going to put on Lil Man's hair....hes so handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's such a cutie! His hair is so long and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute little fellow! I love his hair and styles she does with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. he is soooo adorable.. i wanted a lil boy too.. i'd have let his hair grow out to. nothing cuter than a lil man with his hair all done.. great job mama oxoxxo

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.