Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Cornrow Braidout: Day 2

Photobucket

This is what A's hair looked like on day 2 of her cornrowed braid out. I put it up into a loose, high ponytail at night so her hair wouldn't become flat. I didn't need to moisturize since the night before I took her cornrows out I ran some virgin coconut oil (alone) on her braids, then I did the same thing with some virgin coconut oil mixed with unrefined shea butter, this time focusing on her ends. Her day 2 hair was moisturized, soft, and defined with very little frizz. I added some cute Goody clips and she was good to go!

Photobucket

Please make sure you go enter your kiddo in the 1 Month Protective Styling Challenge. The deadline to enter is April 29th.

8 comments :

  1. Beautiful! How often do you use virgin coconut oil on her hair?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can I find virgin coconut oil? Is it in regular beauty supply stores?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I love the braid outs on A's hair. Her hair looks so healthy and thick. Braid outs make little girls look so innocent and girly. I love the wavy look as well. great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Now I wish I was good at cornrows so I can do this to my girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nikki, I have a question. How often do you cut/trim her hair?is this the longest A's hair has been?

    I love that length.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Her curls look very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still looks good, did you tie a satin head wrap on her head along with the high ponytail, if so what kind of wrap do you use and how do you get it to stay on all night?

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.