- Must do one of the following protective styles: Twists (two strand, threestrand, sister twists), Braids, or Cornrows *Please make sure the style is not tight!
- Absolutely no heat
- No beads, barrettes, or snaps. *Headbands & bows are fine.
- Absolutely no rubberbands/elastics
- Must do our weekly check-in's and include a picture of the style each week (whether it's still the same style or not) Check-in's are May 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th
Please fill out the questions below. (Name, Age, & Plan of action) Email them to me by April 29th, 2010. The sooner, the better. Submit 1 picture of each child. (This will only be an introduction photo, not the style photo) Subject: Protective Styling Challnge
Plan of action:(I will be breaking this down into a bullet list. This should include your protective style(s) of choice for the month of May along with your plan. Of course this does not have to be your exact plan. If you change a few things we will discuss that in our weekly check-ins!)
Example: My plan of action. (remember- this is just an example, you do NOT need all of these steps, it's totally up to you)
- Wash and deep condition hair with (product of choice) 3 days before challenge.
- Moisturize the hair with (product of choice) right after washing
- Band hair immediately after moisturizing. Leave banded for 2 days.
- Protective style of choice: Two strand twists. Leave in for 2 weeks.
- Use (product of choice) to set two strand twists
- Spray hair 1x per day with (product of choice)
- Wash hair 1x per week with two strand twists in
Please feel free to be creative with your protective styling choices. Happy styling mama's! Hope to see you there!