Inspired by: Jill Scott and Tia of Her Best Hair
Get the look:
- Using the end of a metail rat tail comb, part about half of the hair, tie the other half off and start cornrowing that side. You can do whatever design you would like. I used Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizer and Curly Butter on each cornrow. I made the cornrows very loose for the protective styling challenge. If you do not know how to cornrow, please visit this website: Cornrows.co.uk This is the website that taught me how to cornrow.
- Once you get to the end of your cornrow, add a little more product to the remaining hair, add the hair together so instead of 3 sections you will have two. Start twisting one section clockwise, and the other counter clockwise. This is the two strand sister twist method. Keep twisting the pieces in different directions while twisting around each other.
- Once that side is all complete with cornrows going into sister twists, start parting medium sized boxes, add product, and do the sister twist method. You want your thumbs and pointer fingers holding on to each section close to the scalp. Your twist is going to unravel some, so you want to twist it close to the scalp, however, you don't want to tug on the scalp. Once you get to the end of each twist, you can start doing a regular two strand twist, then roll the ends with your fingers.
- You will do this to the entire head of hair until you are finished.
Maintaining this style
- Moisturize each night with your product of choice
- Cover hair each night with a satin bonnet, or have your child sleep on a satin pillowcase