Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Diva Spotlight: Anisa

Photobucket

Tell us a little about yourself & your daughter:

Anisa is a 6 year old African American little girl. I don't know her hair type.

What is your daughter's hair care routine?

I wash her hair once a week now. When she was younger, she hated getting her hair washed. If her hair is in cornrows, I'll leave them in for 3 days. Otherwise her hair is styled daily before school as well as on the weekends unless it's in a protective style. She has a satin head wrap for bedtime but it's not used each night.

What kind of products do you use on her hair?

I use the following products in rotation: Carol's Daughter Hair Milk and Healthy Hair Butter; Shampoo: Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner; Herbal Essence None of Your Frizzness Smoothing Leave-In Creme; and Giovanni Direct Leave-In.

Have you ever used chemicals on her hair?

I have never used chemicals on Anisa's hair. I've been natural my entire life (33) and my mom was natural her whole life as well. Using chemicals has never been an issue.

Can we see a few of your favorite styles?

Sure!!

2 Years old
Photobucket

Preschool Picture
Photobucket

Big Puffs
Photobucket

After deep conditioning
Photobucket

Ponyhawk
Photobucket

Ponies
Photobucket

Cornrows to the side
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Amazing! How did you learn to do all of this?

I taught myself how to braid after Anisa was born. I didn't want to have to take her to a solon or have someone else do her hair. As far as taking care of natural hair goes, it came naturally to me since this is all that I've ever known.

How does your daughter feel about her hair? Can we see her favorite style?

Anisa loves her hair!! She's very talkative and sometimes when we're out she will ask total strangers if they like her hair! Lol!! Right now her favorite style is the braided heart (thanks to your site!).

Photobucket

If you had to share one hair care tip, what would it be?

If I had to share one hair care tip it would be this: Regardless of how you choose to style your daughter's hair, make sure to tell her she's beautiful everyday. Our girls need to be comfortable in their own skin and embrace their beauty and not fall victim to the "norm" or what's popular at the moment.

___________________________________


Anisa is beautiful with a gorgeous head full of hair! I am jealous of her mommies styling skills. Can you say amazing? I am sooo trying some of these styles! Keep up the great work mom! Click HERE and HERE to see some of Anisa's other amazing styles shared in Hair Share! I look forward to seeing more Hair Share pictures from Anisa in the future!
___________________________________

Click here to see how you can sign your Diva up!

31 comments :

  1. What a beautiful little girl with such pretty hair. Her momma has some serious skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my GOODNESS! I'm in love with that PONYHAWK!!!! It's gorgeous, and mommy definitely has skills. Anisa has some gorgeous hair!

    Mom, I have a question. Your daughters' hair texture when wet looks JUST like my daughters' hair texture when wet. However, when it's dry and twisted or braided, it doesn't look nearly as smooth as Anisa's hair...do you blow dry it to get it that smooth? Or is there a technique that you are using to achieve those glossy, smooth twists?

    TIA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. Hope I'll be able to do just as nice when my little girl gets older

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree her styling skills are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love it! Great job MOMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some amazing styles!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the wonderful comments about Anisa's hair!! To answer Nicholle C's question, I sometimes leave her hair in ponytails (the regular 3 strand kind) and it straightens her hair. I also use Carol's Daugther's Healthy Hair Butter to smooth it out. As you can tell, I sometimes have a habit of doing small cornrows. That also helps to straighten/stretch her hair but only after it's been in ponytails for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Her hair is beautiful you are doing a great job with her hair...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mom..........Great JOB!!!!! Beautiful girl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful hair, I am going to try out the ponyhawk hawk on my daughter

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty. I would not be able to sit down and braid my own hair like this (too busy or too lazy) so the mere fact that she gets her daughter to be patient is a credit to her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omg. She is a doll. Her hair is georgeous. You are doing a wonderful job with her hair. See this is why I wish I had a little girl...to do different girly styles on. Keep up the good work...I love all the styles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. the beads in the first picture almost look like earrings. very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those style, it is soo great that you share them with us because i like to do different styles on my girls hair and i get alot of my ideas from this blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute and age appropriate! I will definitely be borrowing that style of her at age 2 for my little girl... how did you do the back? Twist out?? Please do share :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Angela! I really didn't do anything to the back of Anisa's hair because she really didn't have any back there! Lol!! I know it's hard to believe seeing how much hair she has now, but the back of her head was slick bald as a baby and it tool awhile to come back. On that pic, it was very short in the back.

    ReplyDelete
  17. She's so cute ! Can you teach us how to do such beautiful hairstyles !
    Thank you very much for sharing with us.

    Sarah P. (from France, sorry for my bad english)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mommy, you are extremely skilled. Have you ever considered doing it for pay? The "heart" style is simply adorable. Tell Anisa it is also my favorite. BTW, I love the advice you gave about telling our daughters that they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Aisha. I will definitely be trying this style out!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aisha Anisa's hair is sooooooo gorgeous!!! also would you mind posting the name of your blog (if you have one) i cant seem to find it tia

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so inspired to be more creative after seeing all these pretty hairstyles on Anisa. Your doing a great job. Her hair is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow she has beautifull hair!! Thanks for the ideas from a beginner mom ;-]

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that braided heart i must say

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice styles. You are doing a real good job.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Woow! Great hair styles, look so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello, your daughters hair is beautiful. What products do you use on her hair?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, can you teach me how to do hair so well. Better yet, where do you live?

    ReplyDelete
  28. OMG, OMG, OMG! Your daughter has such beautiful hair. Great job, I would like to know, what products do you use in her hair? How did you get her hair to grow so long and gorgeous? Your help would be greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.