Thursday, April 22, 2010

Criss Cross Cornrow Headband on Stretched Hair

Photobucket
 
I first tried to criss cross cornrow headband last Summer on A. I thought the look was adorable for little girls. This time I did it a little different by working with stretched hair. As you can see, it kind of looks like she had a blow out without the blow dryer. This is great for little girls who want to show off their length every now and then, and for moms who don't like using heat on their childs hair.
 
You can also leave the back out and natural, do a braid out, twist out, or box braids behind the headband.


Get the look:
  • Band the hair for a few days. Do this on completely detangled hair, wet or dry. Moisturize each section before banding. For A, 6 banded ponytails work best. Braid the ends.
  • Re-band the hair each night. Moisturize (focus on the ends), finger detangle, then use wide tooth comb. (I also used our Modified Denman)
  • After a few days of banding, take down each section, moisturize (we used Little Penguins Mocha Bean Pom. Review coming soon!) Finger detangle, then use your wide tooth comb. We used our Modified Denman for this part as well.
  • After the hair is completely band free, moisturized, and detangled part the hair from ear to ear to prepare for your criss cross cornrow headband.
  • Tie the back of the hair off, then part your top section horizontally in two sections.
  • You will now vertically part both sections of hair into three pieces. Be careful not to mix the sections up.
  • You will first start with the hair in your front section near the right ear. Cornrow that small section, then cross over to your back middle section, cornrow that small section, then cross over to your front last section by the left ear, braid down a little and you're done.
  • You will repeat the same steps, only this time you will start with the hair by the left ear in your second section, cornrow and cross over until you're done!

Photobucket

To maintain this style: Moisturize the hair each night and put it in a loosely banded ponytail. Braid or twist the ends.

Photobucket

14 comments :

  1. I am going to have to try that band method on my girls hair, I love the hairstyle it is soo cute, and like always you can dress it up with a flower and other accessories. A hair is getting so long I'm trying to get my daughters hair to that length

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. A's hair is so thick and lovely. I love banding. How long before A's hair start the famous shinkage (lol)? If I band my sons hair for 1 or 2 days.....his hair only stays stretched out for maybe an hour and a half.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that!! A's hair is sooo long and beautiful I can't wait til Liyah's gets like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this. Love the creativity on the headband. Thanx Nikki.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A's hair defines beauty! I love the versatility!

    Hmm, I think this would be cute for our upcoming fam portrait... and maybe this weekend we'll try banding this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL!!!!YOU HAVE GREAT STYLE IDEAS!!!I LOVE WILL HAVE TO TRY IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Little Penguins online? You found my secret! We've been using their stuff since before they went online, through a friend. I use the Mango Pom ("The Man" loves the gardenia coconut smell) on my hair, and we all LOVE the smoothie as a leave in, and the fresh cream as an intense leave in moisturizer. A's hair looks amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a CUTE style. I can't wait till the girls' hair gets just a little bit longer to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Her hair is sooo THICK & beauTifuL! :) i cant wait 4 mines 2 hurry up! lol..

    ReplyDelete
  10. i completley miss this one when you first did it.. i am totally going to try the banded look to get the stretched look.. how long did it last like that before it started to shrink up again?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tried something like this on GDL a few weeks ago, it was hi-de-OUS! I didn't even post it to the style gallery! Yours is much MUCH better!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.