Friday, April 9, 2010

Product Review: Blended Cutie by Blended Beauty

Blended Cutie

Photobucket

I would first like to thank Blended Beauty for allowing us to review your products.

"Blended Beauty curly hair care products have been designed to moisturize, tame and define the full range of naturally curly, biracial and afro hair types. Whether you have waves, corkscrew or kinky curls, locs or relaxed hair, we have natural hair products for you. "

 
 
Silky Swirls Shampoo

The Claim: A luxurious and gentle cleanser that rinses silky smooth, and leaves hair conditioned and soft to touch. The smoothing effect of the natural conditioners prepares the hair for the Tug Me Not Conditioner, creating added ease of combing and styling. pH balanced for tender scalps and gentle enough to use every day and on little swimmers!

Ingredients: Aloe Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Witch Hazel, Vegetable Glycerin, Capryl Isostearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Guar Gum, Soy Lecithin, Cetyl Esters, Perfume, Natural Preservative Optiphin, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Corn Protein, Wheat Protein, Soy Protein, Silk Powder.

Price: $18.50 250ml

Review: I really liked Silky Swirls Shampoo! It smells great and cleansed A's scalp well. This shampoo felt very moisturizing and was easy to rinse out. Her hair and scalp was nice and clean after rinsing.

 
Tug Me Not Conditioner

The Claim: A luxurious rinse-out conditioner that envelopes each strand with silky softeness. Tangles and teary eyes are a thing of the past. pH balanced for tender scalps, and enriched with beantree, chamomile, and grapeseed oil. Smooths and deep conditions creating bouncy curls.

Ingredients: Aloe Vera Water, Natural Conditioners, Witch Hazel, Capryl Isostearate, Glycerin, Rice Bran Oil, Polysorbate 20, Natural Preservative Optiphin, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Corn Protein, Wheat Protein, Soy Protein, Silk Powder.

Price: $18.50 250ml

Review: I love Tug Me Not Conditioner! A had worn her hair in a puff/two puffs for just over one week. (which is why her hair looks like that in the "before" pictures) I detangled her hair once during that time and added 4 two strand twists in the front. Since her hair was like that for so long, I thought our detangling session would be longer than usual. After rinsing the Silky Swirls Shampoo I applied the Tug Me Not Conditioner to her hair and much to my surprise we had a super easy detangling session! This conditioner had great slip.
 

 
Down & Out Styles

The Claim: A gentle, moisturizing, conditioning and curl defining butter cream. Enriched with shea butter, chamomile and aloe, for smoothing, defrizzing and defining curls. Silk and Beantree create body and shine even on defiant frizzies. Wearing your hair down and out has never been easier!

Ingredients: Aqua (enriched with/avec Aloe Barbadensis and Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile)), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetyl Alcohol (and) Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Perfume e, Soy Lecithin, Capryl Isostearate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Preservative [Propylene Glycol (and) Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate], Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Silk Powder.

Price: $21 250ml (currently $15.75 at CurlMart Save 25%!)

Review: OH-EM-GEE! (Yes I said that outloud, I really wanted to say THIS IS THE BOMB! But, who says the bomb anymore? lol Ok, I do!) I think we have a new staple! Down & Out Styles is amazing! I have been recommending this product ever since we tried it. This is a heavy product and has a very thick consistency. This product is true to its claim! The name "Down & Out" is perfect. A's hair was moisturized, soft, frizz free. I mean, if it's frizz free curl definition you are looking for then say Hellooooooo to Down & Out Styles! I am very pleased with this product, definitely a new favorite. I love the smell of this by the way. I can go on and on about this one, but I'll just let the pictures speak for themseleves....

Down & Out consistency:


Before: Remember, her hair was in one/two puffs for just over 1 week with 4 two strand twists in the front.

Photobucket

After:

Photobucket

She was one happy camper...lol

Photobucket

Close-up:

Photobucket

Photobucket

A loves swinging her curls...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ok so now we get to the best part. A went to bed with her hair all out, no satin bonnet, no satin pillowcase (I'm slipping, I know) and she woke up with her curls still looking great! Now my baby is a wild sleeper, so for her hair to still have very little frizz *the NEXT morning* is crazy! I added a bow and let her wear her hair down to school. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now do you see why I am absolutely in love with these products? Especially the Down & Out Styles. You know when you like a product so much that you just have to tell everyone? Well, right after I used these products on A's hair I immediately went on one of my favorite hair boards and told everyone about it! (Ladies, you can vouch for that!) Listen, don't sleep on that 25% Down & Out Styles deal at CurlMart I can't wait to try this product on twists. It's a little pricey, but seeing how this is one of the best product lines I've used on her hair, I think it's well worth it.

You can order Blended Cutie on their website or over at CurlMart.

Use the discount code CurlyApril for 15% off when purchasing 2 or more items from Blendedbeauty.com

Happy Shopping!

Disclosure: The product(s) were sent to me free of charge from the company or PR agency for the purpose of this review. My opinions are my own and are not influenced by any other part.

27 comments :

  1. Beautiful. I can see the difference. The products helped her curls "POP"....I wish I could try those. I have four heads to do and I would use one bottle for all of them.:(.......(=^_^=). Love the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That next day picture has made me a believer! I'm totally going to get some of this on my next payday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! A's hair looks great. I tried some BB/BC products a few years ago, but I can't remember whether or not I tried the Down and Out Styles. I may have to order it. Love the curl swinging pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Blended Cutie line. Jelly Cream is easily one of the best curl definers I've ever used. Curly Cake Shake is one of my top 3 leave-ins. It's good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Down & Out styles is my FAVORITE product ever!!! I love the way it holds J's curls!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A's hair looks glorious. I must try this for my Alia's hair...Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm buying the sample kit

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the pictures of A after she'd been swinging her hair around, that was cute.
    I still have questions about the Afro post. I know her hair does not automatically form an Afro, so how did you do it? Also, where did you go while she was sporting her big hair?

    Signed, A White Girl Trying to Overcome Years of Ignorance and Presuppositions. <><

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the review! I'm going to try these. I love the picture of her shaking her curls around. That's exactly what my little girl does when her hair is down. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm trying the sample kit as well. Can't wait. My husband would kill me if he knew how much money I spend on our daughter's hair products!!Way more than I spend on mine. Its crazy. I feel like I'm addicted to finding the best products for her hair. Hope this is the one!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Her curls do pop!! I might have to try this product out on my hair lol. thx for posting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. See....I JUST bought some Jane Carter Nourish & Shine and kinda feel like kicking myself for spending $19 on it...but the way A's curls are popping in her next day photo make me want to buy 3 sets of those products (For me, and my 2 daughters)

    Her hair looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been using Blended Cutie products since my little one's hair starting getting curlier. I have to say I dont really wonder off too much from them. I obsoulutely love them and have tried almost every product in their line. Once in a while I will try other products but I always come back to BB/BC. The only down side for me of these products is the cost. So I recommend to have a back up plan (a cheaper plan) for the times you simply cant afford it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow what a great review, i would love this on Jen's hair...great pics and thanks for reviewing, i have been hmm and arr ing over this product line for a while now, would u say its better than mixed chicks?

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow her curls really "popped", I want to try this in my sister's hair and mine!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! Your daughter hair looks beautiful! I was wondering how long does it take for the styling cream to dry? When you apply it do her hair do it stay white for awhile like other styling cream?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just ordered several things for my daughter's hair. I'm very excited. Your blog is awesome and your kids are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much everyone.

    aemi, A was lying down, so her hair just kind of "fluffed" up. Hope that answers your question!

    Caz, for A's hair, I would say BC worked better than the MC.

    Tamara, A's hair takes several hours to dry after applying product like this on wet hair. She didn't have any white residue in her hair while it was wet though.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gawd, that stuff is magic. I'll have to pick up some Blended Beauty for Jay. Your babies are too precious and I love the new blog design :).

    ReplyDelete
  20. I will be trying this, I'm just not sure what hair type I am. I wanted to try MC but I think I will be trying Blended Beauty first.

    ReplyDelete
  21. um, i may need to buy some of this. a and i may be hair twins, or pretty close. i'm going to the site now ....

    ReplyDelete
  22. i am really really hoping that this product will work in my 4year olds hair! so far i havent been able to find anything that works! ive tired the tightly curly method and that seem like it was working for a lil while but now her hair just seems dry as always! i just recently ended up cutting her hair real short so that she could start fresh cuz it was so dry... so im hoping before it grows out to much that i'll be able to find something that will permently work wonders in her hair! thanks you for having this blog site it has been very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. i was also wondering if there was any other sites where you can buy these products cuz when i went to buy... they said the conditioner is out of stock....

    ReplyDelete
  24. could u use dis on thick afro american hair, meaning not to soft a lil hard, wud it work?

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm glad you posted about these products because love the Blended Cutie line. Add Kinky Curly's Curling Custard and coconut oil, and you have my entire product arsenal. The price does makes me wince, though. I have thick, kinky hair and my daughter has soft but tight curls and the products work great for us both.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm curious to know if you applied the product after washing your daughter's hair, or if it was dry, or if you wet it with a spray bottle and then applied.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.