Friday, June 25, 2010

Bantu Knots and Box Braids

Photobucket

Let me start by saying A is not a fan of bantu knots all over. When I first did bantu knots all over her head last Summer she wanted me to take them out because she thought she looked like a "dinosaur with horns" and kept calling the bantu knots horns all day (kids...). That's unfortunate because I think bantu knots look adorable on little girls.

I decided to switch up her Slanted Cornrows and Natural Box Braids style a couple of days later. First I added some Bee Mine Beeloved Hair & Scalp Moisturizer to her hair then all I did was make bantu knots out of the braids hanging down from her cornrows. With the 7 braids I made three bantu knots and tied them off with some cute Tinkerbell ponytail holders, I put her box braids in one ponytail. She had the whole Tinkerbell get up (dress, sandals, jewlery, purse) so it looked really cute! She LOVED it! I'm happy to know now that I can do a few bantu knots here and there in her styles without her thinking she looks like a dinosaur, lol. Making a bantu knot is really simple, you just take the desired amount of hair (or braids/twists) and start twisting the entire section around placing it near the scalp, the ends will wrap around/under the bantu knot. A ponytail holder is not necessary but it will provide better hold.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Today is the LAST day to enter the Sidewinder Hair Holders Giveaway! There will be our winners.

You have another week to enter the Blended Cutie Giveaway! One follower will win their choice of 3 full size Blended Cutie products.

17 comments :

  1. awww i love the bantu knots as well.. but Amirah isn't a fan of them all over.. mainly due to not loving them for nap time i guess.. that looks so cute.. changes the style all together.. good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cute! I love the Tinker Bell ponytail holders. I love how you changed the style up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Dinosaur with horns" (LOL). A is something else. I to love bantu knots on girls, they are too cute.

    I agree with Aisha , I love how you switched the style up. If your not paying close attention, this style could fool you and make you think A's hair was styled over. Good job Nikki.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey, this is kind of what I'm thinking about doing for Laila's hair!!!!! I liked the idea of loose in the back but I can see my Mom messing with it as soon as I turn my head.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice really cute!!!! U have such great ideas

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute with the Disney Princess pony o's!

    I'm gonna cop this for my girls as the last day with their box braids style.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the whole Tinkerbell thing. She looks LOVELY

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute style. I look on here everyday for inspiration. I am not good at doing hair but im practicing daily. Thank you for providing such thorough details on how you style A's hair.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute style! I'm curious, how long does it usually take you to do box braids on A's hair? Do you usually take a break, or do it all at once?

    ReplyDelete
  11. My daughter would love this...especially the Tinkerbell ponytail holders

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always do such cute styles. I need to step my game up ASAP. LOL. I never tried bantu knots on my daughter but I will keep this in mind. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute. I have some hair holders similar to those and had no clue on how to use them lol. THanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. um, where did you get the tink ponytail holders. dinosaur with horns? she called it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is so beautiful you are really talented

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.