- A's hair was washed with Bee Mine Products and moisturized with their luscious moisturizer. I banded her hair in 4 sections for about 2 hours so it was slightly stretched out when I started.
- I took the top two banded ponytails out to begin parting where I wanted the cornrows. In the photo below you can see exactly how I parted the hair, just follow the arrows.
- After parting the section of hair I wanted out, I tied off the rest of the hair to get it out of my way. I added more luscious moisturizer to that section, focusing on the ends, and removed any knots or tangles I felt with my fingers.
- I began parting hair for cornrowing. I started on the left side of her head, parted my first slanted cornrow. I added Bee Mine Curly Butter to the section, gently brushed with the Denman brush, then started cornrowing.
- I continued parting the slanted cornrows, adding curly butter to each section, and cornrowing.
- After I was done cornrowing I started making large box braids. People use different methods when parting box braids. I use several different methods. Most of the time I just go with the flow, however I feel like parting, that's how I part. This time I started in the back. I parted straight across by the nape area. I split that section into three and braided three box braids.
- After that I went to the left side of her head. I just started parting straight down all the way around her head. So she had one box braid infront of her left ear, then two box braids right by her left ear. I continued parting straight down so as I went around her head the sections for larger so she had three box braids in the next section, etc. You can use your own method when parting box braids. Just start parting out the boxes where ever you want them and it will all come into place.
- I added some adorable tiny flower jaw clips to her cornrows (review soon!) and that was it.
- Remove accessories before bed.
- Moisturize as needed (probably every night or every other night), focus on the ends.
- Spray braids with Bee Mine Juicy Spirtz every other day.
- Sleep with satin bonnet.
How is your child wearing their hair this week?