Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Flat Twists and Big Hair

Photobucket

Get the look:
  • First go *here to see how I detangled her hair after removing her cornrows.
  • All I did was add some Bee Mine Beeloved Hair & Scalp Moisturizer to her hair and fluffed her hair with my fingers, also gently removing any tangles I may feel with my fingers.
  • I parted a small section of her in the front middle part of her hair to begin flat twisting. I added a little more Bee Mine Beeloved Hair & Scalp Moisturizer to each section first.
    • Part a small section of hair out in the front. Split into two pieces.
    • Pinch a little hair off with your thumb and index (pointer) finger, add it to your right piece, then cross your right section under your left section.
    • Pinch a little hair off with your thumb and index finger, add it to your (new) right piece, then cross your right section under your left section.
    • Continue pinching hair off, adding it to your right section, then crossing under your left section.
    • Pinch, add, cross, pinch, add, cross.
  • I did a total of 4 loose flat twists in the front and secured them with cute little flower claw clips.

Photobucket

Figuring out where she wants to head first. Swings or slide?
Photobucket

26 comments :

  1. I LOVE her hair BIG like this!! I can't wait until my daughter's hair is this long and thick!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when she rocks the big hair! I think it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! I love the hair and those Dora socks are out of this world!!
    Cute, you inspire me to leave my daughter's hair out too ;-]

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think little A is really feeling this hairstyle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you post a video on how to flat twist? I've been wanting to learn how to twist & braid..just can't master it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this style. And i agree with the previous post, have you already done a video tutorial on flat twists?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love the big and bold hair! How does she stay so neat after playing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love A's hair. So pretty.
    A is doing her Dora Dora thing...she looks adorable.

    I think little girls are sooo beautiful when they wear their hair out. Beautiful, just beautiful. This is what beyond means in beads, braids and beyond. Taking it many steps beyond and still have beautiful. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A looks so pretty! I love her hair like that! The bigger the better!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this look..her outfit rocks...
    don't you find if A is playing with her hair out that it ends up knotting way too much??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Her hair is so cute!! Whenever my 3 year old see's A with her big hair she always asks to wear her hair like that

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What do you do to her hair before bedtime when it's like this?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Her hair looks so beautiful, me and my daughter's fav look :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love A and her big hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. her hair is so freaking awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, remember me? The white girl with long, straight, red hair?
    I love seeing big hair on anybody. It just makes me smile. (It's all thanks to you and A, by the way.) But I have yet to see so much big healthy hair in one place! :)
    Did you get any triple takes? Any comments?
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful hair! Puffs are awesome.

    This style would scare me on my girls if I didn't use Kinky Curly Curling Custard on their loose hairstyles. Tangles!

    How do you keep A's hair from tangling with this style?

    ReplyDelete
  19. SOOOO cute! She is so confident - I love that! (totally cute outfit, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Look at A looking Fab from head to toe, I'm really loving the big hair and love that she loves and accepts her hair in its natural state, Too cute

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks so much everyone!

    renee, No I don't. I think moisture is always key, especially when your child is wearing their hair out. Of course she will have some tangles here and there, but as long as I'm removing them properly (and I do!) we have no breakage. :)

    Aisha, this time I just put her hair in two big puffs. I just placed the ouchless ponytail holder over each side, didn't wrap it or anything.

    aemi, yes I remember you! Thanks so much. No we didn't get any comments or triple takes this time! lol :)

    cristiana, moisturizer! lots of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loving that big beautiful hair!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is tooo cute. The best thing she looks so proud. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.