Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Product Review: Tiny Twirls by Kinky Curly

Kinky Curly

Photobucket

I would first like to thank Kinky Curly for allowing us to review your products.

"Stop being a slave to your hair. Step away from the blowdryer. Unplug that flat iron.
Go Natural and experience the freedom of wash and go hair.

Natural hair is beautiful hair and with the right products and styling techniques can flourish and grow to great lengths!

Kinky-Curly TM brand hair products are formulated to add moisture, give hold without drying hair out and also offer protection from the elements."


Photobucket

Tiny Twirls Foam Shampoo

The Claim: Kinky-Curly Tiny Twirls Foam Shampoo is an all-natural organic formula for your toddler who has outgrown baby shampoo. Easy to apply foam gently cleanses without stripping. Rinses quickly with no residue and makes bath time fun.

Ingredients: water, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, calendula officinalis flower*, anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower extract*, cucmis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract*, panthenol (vitamin B), cocoamidopropyl betaine and sodium cocoyl sarcosinate (coconut derived), vegetable glycerin*, citric acid*, tocopherol acetate (vitamin E) *certified organic

Price: $10 4.5 oz

Review: We have never used a foam shampoo before, but I loved it! Tiny Twirls Foam Shampoo was very easy to apply. It didn't just "glob" on like some other shampoos do. It washed her scalp well (she previously had some slight build up) and rinsed out very easily.

Tiny Twirls Detangling Conditioner

The Claim: Kinky-Curly Tiny Twirls Detangling Conditioner will unlock the knots and tangles in curly hair. Our exclusive formula will guarantee pain-free comb-outs. Watch tangles melt away and experience pain free comb outs. This fragrance free all-natural conditioner is a definite must have for any savvy mommy who struggles with knots and tangles.

Ingredients: mangifera indica (mango) friut extract*, ulmus fulva (slippery elm) extract*, althaea officinalis (marshmallow) root extract*, cymbopogon schoenanthus (lemongrass)*, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, ctric acid, phenoxyethanol *certified organic

Price: $12 8oz

Review: Unfortunately, Tiny Twirls Detangling Conditioner didn't work very well for us. This conditioner didn't have quite enough slip to detangle A's 4a hair. We worked through it though. I will say the conditioner was easy to rinse out and her hair felt soft afterwards.

Tiny Twirls Daily Moisturizing Styler

The Claim: Kinky-Curly Tiny Twirls Daily Moisturizing Styler. When wash and go is not an option for your toddler, TINY TWIRLS™ is the perfect product that will detangle, smooth and moisturize. Great for frizz-free ponytails, shiny braids, drop curls and twists. An excellent product for smoothing down frizzy hair line edges. Formulated with just a touch of hold factor to ensure that hair styles will last through nap-time.

Ingredients: water, aloe barbadensis leaf juice*, althaea officinalis (marshmallow) root extract, vegetable glycerin*, citric acid, potassium sorbate, natural fragrance *certified organic

Price: $13 8oz

Review: First of all, I have to say Tiny Twirls Daily Moisturizing Styler smells amazing! After washing A's hair with Tiny Twirls Foam Shampoo and Tiny Twirls Detangling Conditioner I decided to use the Tiny Twirls Daily Moisturizing Styler to set her hair in twists. On each small/medium section of hair, I applied a little Tiny Twirls Daily Moisturizing Styler and used the Denman D3 brush to evenly distribute the product. I added two strand twists to each section, which took about 40 minutes to an hour. I didn't part the hair out, I just grabbed each section with my fingers. I know A's hair is thick enough to cover any "unfortunate" parts, plus, we were going for a twist out. Tiny Twirls Daily Moisturizing Styler has a runny consistency, it was very moisturizing. I expected it to be a little sticky but it was not at all. We love this product! I took her two strand twists out after about 1 1/2 hours and let me tell you, I have done a lot of twist outs on A's hair and this is by far my favorite! She got a lot of compliments on it as well. Her hair was amazingly soft and moisturized, and her twist out was well defined!

A's two strand twists using Tiny Twirls Daily Moisturizing Styler.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Taking A's twists out





Twist Out results using Tiny Twirls Daily Moisturizing Styler.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

While the Tiny Twirls Detangling Conditioner didn't work very well for A, I loved the Tiny Twirls Foam Shampoo and I especially love the Tiny Twirls Daily Moisturizing Styler. I think these are great products and they are very affordable. A has been wearing her twist out for 3 days now and it is still looking great, and her hair still feels soft and moisturized.

You can order Tiny Twirls by Kinky Curly on their website or over at CurlMart.

Happy Shopping!

Photobucket

Disclosure: The product(s) were sent to me free of charge from the company or PR agency for the purpose of this review. My opinions are my own and are not influenced by any other part.

22 comments :

  1. i hadn't realized tiny twirls was made my kinky-curly. i will now have to go check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try Kinky-Curly products for some time now. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting this review. I really wanted to buy this for my daughter since I love KCCC, but didn't really want to use it for my daughter. I'm currently using Curly Q's but it builds up on her hair and makes it dull. So now I'm going to place an order for it. BTW - Your daughter is a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good gracious! Those 2 strands in A's hair were GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! GREAT job, mom!

    I LOVE KC products on my hair. I had been using the Knot Today and Curly Custard on my 3 yr old DDs hair when I let her wear it loose because it really defines the coils and holds it nice for a few days, but I think I may try this one if it's formulated for kiddos....(and so I don't have to share my products with her...LOL...she may be sharing hers with me depending on how well they work)

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, her hair looks amazing. Everytime I see one of your product reviews it makes me want to go out and buy the whole line!! I just had a quick question...after you do the product reviews do you go back to your normal hair regimine or do you incorporate the new product in. I've seen several product reviews and just wondered if your regimine has changed since trying these new products. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your review! I finally discovered Kinky Curling Custard for myself just this year! (And reviewed it on my blog)

    "A" and I have similar textures so I'm always checking in to see what you do next! Maybe I'll try a twist out for myself.

    Thanks for sharing!! :o)

    Amber :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a question about this product. I know that with the KCCC, you can't use any oils or it flakes. Is it the same for the Tiny Twirls? I've used the Tiny Twirls a lot, but it hasn't seemed to add quite enough moisture for my daughter's hair/scalp. I would add coconut oil or something, but I always worry that it will cause the Tiny Twirls to flake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Ok, this is a little off-topic, but, I just nominated you for the Sunshine Blog Award :) By visiting my blog and "accepting" the award, you can in turn pass it on! Enjoy!

    http://curlyqshairdos.blogspot.com/2010/02/curly-qs-hair-dos-has-been-nominated.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love 2 strand twists ,I did them for almost a month straight in Avianna's hair,so simple,but soooo darn cute

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGoodness! A is so beautiful! her hair looks great :D I love twist outs :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. A's hair turned out nice. You can tell the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This turned out really cute!! I swear you just keep making me buy stuff!! LOL!! Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Question! I want to try this out, but I do not have the moisturizing styler, what other products can I use for the twist outs??

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the review on these products. I've been looking for all natural/organic products to use for my little one. I've been using "blended cutie" for a very the long time and i love it. However, I dont love the price of the product. So I have been looking for other cheaper products but obviously not trying to give up quality. So your review is definitely helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too Cute!! Got to Love Natural hair!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for reviewing this. I think your A and my A have pretty much the same hair, so it's nice to see how the products worked in her hair. Have you tried the other products, like the custard, or would you recommend sticking to the Tiny Twirls? I am getting ready to order new products, and think I might give this a try. Thanks again for your great reviews and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness her hair came out so cute! You can tell she just loves the camera LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. I meant to comment on this days ago but i got side tracked. It turned out so pretty! Her twists are so pretty and frizz free. I Just got my Tiny Twirls in the mail today and i have to admit I was alittle disappointed at the size of the products but it smells so good and i cant wait to try it out on our next wash day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been debating on buying this and trying it out since I had three companies for my 19 month old I kept looking at. You made this so much easier, for the conditioner I may add olive oil and hope it makes it easier to detangle LOL. Thank you for being honest in your review!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much for putting this page together. I just found it today from another hair styling blog that I follow. I'm always looking for cute hair styles but more importantly, hair products to keep my girls' hair looking good. I love how you've used her natural curls and I'd like to get back to that. Looking forward to learning more ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great product! I love the results and the cute little flowers you put on her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  22. how do u do it with all that hair dont ur hands gett tired.....??Do u like doing or u just do itt for funn....♥ lol

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.