Thursday, February 18, 2010

Littleman's Lounge: Jay'son

Photobucket


Tell us a little about yourself and your son:

My Name is Tasha, 22 and I am also Bi-Racial (1/2 Black 1/2 Chamorro [Pacific Islander from Guam]) and Jay'son is 2 and he is 3/4 Black 1/4 Chamorro. I have been interested and researching Bi-Racial Hair Care for about 2yrs after I have been trying to restore MY own curls back to a healthy state, my mom tried to maintain my hair, but she was often times clueless and when I started taking over the care of my hair, I caused a lot of damage to it, so I have vowed to learn how to care for my children's B-Racial hair.

What is your son's hair care routine?

I wash Jay'son's hair about every other day when its shorter and when we grow it out, and his curls come in, I wash about once to twice a week. I make sure I condition/Cowash it in between washings. To refresh his curls, I have a conditioner/water mix in a spray bottle that I spray on and comb through, then I add coconut oil. At nights, his dad will put a DuRag on his hair and he sleeps on satin pillow cases to retain the moisture in his hair (cotton pillow cases will deplete the natural oils in the hair).

What kind of products do you use on his hair?

Shampoo: Garnier Fructis Moisturizing for Dry or Damaged Hair Fortifying Shampoos or Dove's Moisture Therapy Shampoo

Conditioner: Herbal Essences' Hello Hydration or Cabellina del caballos (Which I LOVE LOVE LOVE... )

Styling Products: Coconut Oil and/or ORS' Olive Oil Moisturizing Lotion

Can we see some hair pictures?

(mid length while growing back out his curls)

Photobucket

(mid-length)

Photobucket

(after we started growing his curls back out)

Photobucket

How does your son feel about his hair?

Jay'son LOVES his hair, whether its short with a fade, Mid with Waves or long with Curls, He also asks me or his dad to brush/comb his hair, he loves to "help" wash and condition his hair. Lol.

If you had to share one hair care tip, what would it be?

Since we live in Vegas, during the summer months, we keep Jay'son's hair fairly low and one tip to those who cut their Lil' Man's curls, make sure NOT to cut his natural hair line, no matter how cute it is to cut or taper his hairline, if he is 5 or younger, it will mess up his hairline and that's not cute! Also, if you keep his hair low, make sure not to cut his hair too low, that will mess up his curls and they may not grow back how they were growing naturally. If your Lil Man is rockin' his curls, moisture is a PLUS, I can not stress what a big difference a proper moisturizer can do for his curls.

___________________________________

Jay'son is way too cute!!! That first pictures is priceless! His parents are doing a great job with his hair. His curls look healthy and well moisturized. Keep up the good work!!

___________________________________

Please email me if you have any suggestions for Littleman's Lounge. Do you think I should add more questions, if so, what would you like to ask? I'm all ears! Also email me if you would like to be a part of Littleman's Lounge. beadsbraidsbeyond@yahoo.com

4 comments :

  1. He is a cutie. I bet those eyes help him get what he wants. I agree...do not cut your little guys hair line until at least five years old. My boys were much older and believe me I was scared to do it, but waiting later is best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first picture! What a cutie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that first picture is too cute!:)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.