Monday, February 8, 2010

Diva Spotlight: Aryna





Tell us a little about yourself & your daughter:

I am 25 yrs old and I am also bi-racial :). I fell victim to a mother who had no clue what to do with my hair so I vowed to learn what I could at a young age so that my daughter would have healthy hair. My daughter is the youngest of my 3 kids and her name is Aryna.. (pernounced Air-in-A) and she is 2 yrs old. As I said earlier I am bi-racial and my husband, her father, is African American. Her hair is an interesting texture...When wet she has soft loose curls and is very easily managed. It isn't very thick but when it becomes dry it gets a little on the frizzy side and her hair tends to take the "poofy kinky" texture.

What is your daughter's hair care routine?

Depending on what type of style she is going to have I wash it once a week or every other week (if she has cornrows its every other week), her cornrows usually last up to 2 weeks depending on how small they are and simple styes like twists last a few days. I dont do anything special for bedtime because she refuses to wear a wrap on her head and usually by the end of the night her barettes have been taken out by her lol.

What kind of products do you use on her hair?

Depending on what style she has definantly depends on the product I use. If she gets her hair done in cornrows I use TCB (can be bought at walmart) when doing each individual braid vs. putting it in her hair then braiding it. If Im doing her hair when its wet I put leave in conditioner in it and the next day when I touch it up I use pink oil moisturizer in the twists.

Have you ever used chemicals on her hair?

No I havent put any chemicals in her hair but at some point when she is much older I may need to put some sort of relaxer in it. For now she goes O'Natural

Can we see her hair all out and natural?Absolutely!




Can we see a few of your favorite styles?















Great styles! How did you learn to do all of this?

I taught myself how to cornrow at a very young age (11 or 12) and have done hair since then on friends and their kids

How does your daughter feel about her hair? Can we see her favorite style?

She loves when her hair is all finished reguardless of the style she always says "OOH MOM PRETTYYY" but she loves having beads in her hair...we call em shake shakes!

If you had to share one hair care tip, what would it be?

If you have a child whose hair seems out of control, unmanageable, or your just not experiences seek advice! Dont assume whatever you put in her hair is good for it!

___________________________________

So there you have it! Our very first Diva! Little miss Aryna is an adorable little girl. Her mother is on the right path and has some really cute styles. Which we hope you got some ideas from! The only thing I have to disagree with is possibly putting some type of relaxer in her hair when she is much older. Girl, NO! lol I would probably try to stay away from Pink Oil Moisturizer as well but other than that you're doing a fantastic job. Ladies show Aryna and her mommy some love with a comment!

___________________________________

Please email me if you have any suggestions for Diva Spotlight. Do you think I should add more questions, if so, what would you like to ask? I'm all ears! Also email me if you would like to be a part of Diva Spotlight! beadsbraidsbeyond@yahoo.com

Stay tuned for next weeks Diva Spotlight!

13 comments :

  1. I love this, thank you so much for sharing! She is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a cutie patootie! Those styles look awesome! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! Beautiful styles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures with the red, white, & blue beads. She's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing you pictures, your little girl is sooo cute, I love her hair styles....the first thing mine does after I am done is go to the mirror...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, she's beautiful and so is her hair. Please don't relax it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What cute styles! I'd like to know how one puts beads on to the hair. I've tried but failed. Do I need one of those bead tools?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Job with her hair. She is such a cutie. Please don't do it. Her hair does not need a relaxer or that just for me or whatever the name of it is.

    @ Theresa. Yes, the beader helps beading go much faster. You can either buy the long one from a beauty supply store for 1 to 2 bucks, or buy a pack of beads with a much smaller beader that comes in the pack. It would be better to buy the long beader to get the job done fast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the comments!! :) I decided a while back not to put any type of relaxer in her hair. I just didnt have any type of knowledge on what and why it was used so thats where the "possibly" came from. Since all those pictures were taken (about 6 mos ago) her hair is already changing texture again lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My daughter is 3/4 bl and 1/4 wh too. It seems like there textures were very similiar when my DD was that young. Now her hair is still thin but the individual strands are very thick and her strands are now tight sprials instead of bouncier curls. Interesting to see what your daugther's hair texture will turn out to be.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love her hair! PLEASE DON'T RELAX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG!!! Please don't relax it!!!!!! A lot of girls will grow up to love their hair if we'd take the time to teach them how to care for it instead of relaxing it. We got to have patience when caring for their hair. Relaxing is the easy way out. She is beautiful and so is her hair. I hope it all works out for you.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.