Sunday, April 10, 2011

Littleman's Lounge: "Man"


This is our last family photo from august of last year. His hair is much much longer than that now.

Tell us a little about yourself and your son:

I'm Shay and my son is "Man". I'm biracial myself (mom is white, dad is black) and I've been natural most of my life, expect for the time when I was a teen I thought it'd be cool to do a relaxer... NOT! I knew when I had kids that I'd keep their hair natural, it just seems easier to me. Although my husband is black, their hair texture is no where near what I expected it to be. My son is will be 2 in July and as far as his hair type I'm not too sure. I just know that it is SUPER curly, very easy to tangle and mat up and very soft.

What is your son's hair care routine?

I typically style his hair once a week or one every week and a half. it really just depends on how his hair is looking and his mood. he's never had a hair cut and i'm cool with that =). sometimes he wears a cap thing on his hair for a few days after he gets braids. i try to always let him wear a silk cap in the car because his carseat drys his hair out so bad.

What kind of products do you use on his hair?
I used L'Oreal Ever Pure Sulfate Free shampoo in the Moisture kind and HE herbal hydration conditioner. I just recently picked up a braid spray at Sallys that is for nonbreakage/moisture/itchy scalp. It smells great and seems to be working pretty good. Sometimes I use a small bit of gel when I braid his hair.

Can we see some hair pictures?

I really like his hair loose but because he's so young and so active, it's just not that wise to leave it out for long periods.

He was born with a head full of hair and didn't loose any of it. The texture was slick as a board though. This is the day he was born




^ about julyish of 2010 ^


^ probably around sept/oct 2010 ^


^ they were cute finger twist.. but they started to get frizzy quickly ^


^ nov 2010 ^


^ christmas 2010 ^


^most recent shot of his hair 3/10/11^
I swear his hair is even longer than that now.

How does your son feel about his hair?

Although he's only 1 1/2 i think he really likes it. He points to his hair a lot and says haiirrrrrrr and smiles. He likes to shake his hair a lot too.

If you had to share one hair care tip, what would it be?
take the time to properly style/take care of the hair from the beginning and it'll save you a big headache later. Even soft hair needs moisture!

I do have a blog where I post photos for inspiration, it's mainlybraids.blogspot.com

5 comments :

  1. Oh my gudness, what a cutey!!! So adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks =) i just realize that i type like a moron. lol. i had sooo many typos. finger twist? more like finger twirls. hahah and herbal hydration? man, i should proofread more!

    thanks for allowing us to be on your awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is sooo cute!! I love mainly braids blog I started following it recently!! He has some serious hair for an almost 2 year old!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like curls run in the family! They're gorgeous and he is very cute! @amada23k is right about that one. ;-)

    It's great to see young children proud about their hair! Hats off to the wonderful parents.

    Katie for Ouidad

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.