Saturday, April 30, 2011

Half Up, Half Down Braid-out



The sun is out, potato salad is ready and the grill is goin'! It is a BEAUTIFUL day out today so we're having a little cook out with the fam. I planned on trying a really intricate style yesterday but we didn't feel up to it so I ended up doing something really simple. Read below for instructions.





I spritzed A's hair with some water and parted a circle on the top section of her head (see above photo) so I could make a ponytail. I tied the rest of the hair off and braided 6 braids in the top ponytail. I used Curls Whipped Cream on each section before braiding. After the top ponytail was complete, I untied the rest of her hair and began grabbing medium sections of hair, adding Curls Whipped Cream and braiding. By the time we were finished she had about 13 braids in, including the ones in the ponytail. She slept with her hair like this until the next morning. I removed the top ponytail holder and added a little Eco Styler Gel to smooth down the top then rebanded. I removed all of the braids with my fingers and these are the results.

Do you plan on doing anything special this weekend? How did you style your child's hair?




18 comments :

  1. This is very pretty.. Today my kids are off to a birthday party so i just put rubber bands in twist in my daughters hair and also tried the Eco gel for the first time i think i like it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too cute...simple but so nice! gud one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is cook-out fabulous! Her braid out looks PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT, I need to get this banding method down so i can do more styles on my girls hair

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute! it's a beautiful day out here too.

    can we come by for some grilled food? =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks so fly and this is a fabulous style!



    precious-curls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. im doing this on my baby girls hair.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Her hair is really gorgeous! I wanna try this with Leahs hair next! I wish Leahs hair was that long tho! Hers is only about shoulder length! (Sabrina from fb)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute kid!!! Her hair is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm french and just want to say thanks you for all your advices for our little babies ;-)

    I put your link on my blog: http://justbeyourself.eklablog.com/concours-a3566270#!/et-les-enfants-a3596638

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too cute! Now how long do you expect that this style will last? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow that is a perfect braidout. i wish mine turned out as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This turned out sooo pretty. I attempted this on my daughter and it DID NOT TURN OUT. The braid out was horrible and and frizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply beautiful
    I love it and A is simply adorable

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is one of my favorite styles. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.