Monday, July 11, 2011

Top 5 Biggest Mistakes We've Made With Our Children's Hair



I asked you all on both of our Facebook pages "What's the biggest mistake you've made with your child's hair?" There was over 60 comments total. Here are the top 5 biggest mistakes we've made with our children's hair (in order).

  1. Using the Wrong Products (mineral oil/petroleum, baby lotion, baby oil, grease, etc.)
  2. Texturizing/Relaxing (many of these children are natural or transitioning now)
  3. Using Beads & Rubberbands (a main complaint was leaving the rubberbands in for too long and beads ripping the hair out)
  4. Using Heat (flat iron, hot comb, curling iron)
  5. Rough Detangling (ripping out knots, not using the proper tools, being impatient, etc.)
Hopefully by others seeing this post they won't make the same mistakes.

What's the biggest mistake you've made with your child's hair?

3 comments :

  1. I am white and I am German. I grow up without any black people in my private life. So when I born our first son i gave the whole hair care to my black husband and didn't take care. I use Shampoo,thats all. So, his Hair was a mess cos of shampoo for white children.I just start learning when i born my daughter and now i have a boy and a girl with long curly hair :)I learn Braids,Twists and other things.

    My Mistake was that i just didn't take care and didn't appreciate my sons hair enough :(
    But know i try to help other german mothers with this problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I believe finding the right product for the hair is key. Every product may not always work with every child. So some experimenting with good products that work, may determine which is best for your child. I do know that when you find something that works, you should stick with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 100% all the above I think you should give the tangle teezer another chance though I'm an adult with the same exact hair texture as your lil princess and I use it a couple times a month on dry stretched oiled hair and I love it and I never get the lil broken hairs you mentioned with A unless it was human error or detangling wet i hardly detangle and if i do only a lil bit of shed hair comes out on the whole head vs the handfuls of hair in sections with wide tooth or deamen brush also can you talk to lil penguins because I cannot view their products on iPad or tmobile smartphone thanks

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.