Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Update: 4 Weeks of Box Braids



I am very excited to let you all know A's box braids lasted almost 4 weeks! If you don't remember the original post (Small Box Braids Curled With Curlformers), click here.

I haven't done anything special during these 4 weeks. I kept it pretty basic and let them be most of the time. I did not shampoo her hair at all during this time. I co-washed each week with Bee Mine Avocado Conditioner and added a little Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizer to her ends 1-2x a week. I spritzed her hair about once (maybe twice, depending on the week) a week with Bee Mine Juicy Spritz and that's it!

I will hopefully be taking her box braids out tomorrow! Just in time for Thanksgiving. :)

Below are a few random pictures taken during the 4 weeks.

Curlformers. The cute Halloween clip is from Cabecitas Lindas Couture.
Photobucket

Pigtails with a bang.
Photobucket

I cornrowed her braids into 4 sections the night before, took them out in the morning for the crinkly look. The adorable headband is also from Cabecitas Lindas Couture.
Photobucket

Left: Top side ponytail. Right: Ponytail with a bang.
Photobucket

11 comments :

  1. Love this blog I just posted you guys on mine hopefully I can send some natural Moms your way:) Take care and Thanks!! for showing girls how beautiful their hair can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh mine, it is still looking so so pretty, actually i was wondering if u can live it like that for 4 weeks, and u did, it can even stay in for 8 weeks, cos it is still looking so neat and u can make different styles with it...i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They held up really well. I've got to do some of these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Congratulations on a gorgeous style! Ours just don't stay longer than a week, as the braids get fuzzy. What do you do to prevent fuzz? My girls hair is soft, curly, fine, and very long. (Northern Ethiopian) Any suggestions for keeping the braids longer?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats awesome! I think it will be new go to hair do for the girls. I just do not have the time to invest in doing hair every single week. Thanks for all the great tips and Ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Box braids are the bomb. We're heading out of our twist period into some ponytails, probably some banded ones, we'll see. Can't wait to see what A wears next =).

    ReplyDelete
  7. how do you get her braids to not get fussy?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nikki! First your DD has gorgeous hair! Second the headband & clippie look so cute on her...oh I like the korkers, they are awesome but they require baking I'm afraid I might burn them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. They look good for four weeks old. I might try four weeks when summer vaction comes back around. I

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.