Friday, November 26, 2010

Chunky Two Strand Twist Out

Photobucket

Photobucket

I removed A's box braids the night before Thanksgiving. First I rinsed her braids and added a handful of Bee Mine Avacado Conditioner. Using the end of our metal rat tail, I began removing her braids. I placed the end of our metal rat tail comb between each stitch and worked my way from the bottom of the braid to the top. The process took about 1.5-2 hours, not nearly as long as it took to put them in. After I took out about 10-15 box braids I detangled that section with our modified Denman D3 brush and made a quick two strand twist. By the time I was done she had about 10 large two strand twists in. At this point, I knew it was too late to do any type of intricate style so I removed each twist one by one, added a little Bee Mine Curly Butter, then retwisted until I was done retwisting all ten twists.

Thanksgiving morning came and I removed all of her twists. I used a wide tooth comb to fluff her roots and make there there were no visible parts. I gently separated a few twists and viola! A nice, full, fluffy twist out!

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

How did your child wear their hair for Thanksgiving? Please feel free to leave a comment and even send in pictures for Hair Share at beadsbraidsbeyond@yahoo.com

9 comments :

  1. Love it very cute! Liyah still doesn't sit still for very long with out getting angry at me. So I just did 3 cornrows in the front and pigtails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Des had been wearing ponytails with twists since last Saturday so for thanksgiving morning I refreshed her ponytails, added fall colors(brown and orange), and twisted. Before we left for dinner I took the twist out. Everyone loved the twist-out ponytails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this. I had not thought of doing a chunky twist-out. Definitely will try that out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! Ciara wore a combination of ponytails and cornrows and India wore cornrows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice. Boy she looks alot like you in this pic. Sure you hear that often though, lol. I attempted to do a 'turkey' look, but it came out more like hearts, lol. Try, try again, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous twist out. A looks beautiful! Isn't it great how you can end up with fabulous hair without even trying, lol.

    We transformed Emma's twists into four ponytails (two in front and two in back) after her wash. I braided the ponytails and them took the two front ones and banded the ends together. Same with the back. I added a bow headband that I crocheted and we were ready for Thanksgiving. We'll send in pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. I love the chunky twist. They look too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. VERY CUTE AND I LUVED IT

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.