Thursday, April 21, 2011

Littleman's Lounge: King


You've met his big sister, Anisa (the cute little girl you always see in the guest blogs!), now it's time to meet her baby brother, King!


Tell us a little about yourself and your son:
King is my 17 month old son.  I always share pics and info about Anisa so I thought it was time to share a little bit about him. He has never had a haircut and I don’t plan on cutting it anytime soon. I’m thinking about locs in the future but we’ll see.
 
What is your son's hair care routine?
His routine is nonexistent at the moment. I’ve been styling his hair more but there is no routine in place. My go-to styles are cornrows or puffs. I wash his hair as needed (again, there is no set time). I mostly co-wash his hair but when I use a “shampoo” I use the Bee Mine Bee Nourished Ayurvedic Herbal Bar. I was using the HEHH (old ingredients) for his co-washes but I will probably start using the Suave Professionals Almond and Shea Butter Moisturizing Conditioner until I find something else.
 
What kind of products do you use on his hair?
I mostly use Bee Mine products on his hair. If not, I will use my own mixture of shea butter, coconut oil, castor oil and vitamin E oil. I also use Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk Lite: The Curl Booster.
 
Can we see some hair pictures?
Of course!

Newborn - His hair was very straight!


Baby mohawk
Dec. '09


His very first cornrows at 7 months




Curls


His bald spot. Anisa was the exact same way!


More recent cornrows -3/29/11




Puffs
Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Lite: The Curl Booster


 
How does your son feel about his hair?
He’s not talking yet but he definitely knows about hair! He likes to watch me do Anisa’s hair and he like to grab the hair bands and try to put them in his hair! Lol! He also likes to get the comb and try to comb his hair.
 
If you had to share one hair care tip, what would it be?
My tip would be to encourage your kids to love who they are. They need to know that they are beautiful! Another tip would be that healthy hair is far more important than length.

9 comments :

  1. AWWWW what a cutie!!



    precious-curls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is adoarable. I love his mohawks. Man, he favors you & Anisa. You're gonna hv your hands full with two (3 including yourself) heads of big hair to do. You do such a great job. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is the cutest!!! So so adorable too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone!! He is definitely a handful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwwwww He's so handsome!! I think he's the same age as my daughter too!!! she's a Nov 09' baby!!!!

    I have a question about your oil mixture. How much of each and how much water? And is it pure Shea Butter? Please i'm going crazy to find a oil mixture for her hair!! Thanks in advance!!
    Momof2:-)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.