Sunday, July 4, 2010

Triangle Banded Ponytails For The Fourth Of July

Photobucket

I decided to do banded ponytails for A's 4th of July style. I was going to cornrow her hair in layers but wanted something that wouldn't take a lot of time. I like the outcome. I think the parts kind of make it look like a star, and when I was looking at the pictures I thought her ponytails kind of looked like falling fire works because they were so colorful. Hope you like it!

The sun was in her eyes in this video. She was in a hurry (can you tell?) because she wanted to ride her bike. lol


Photobucket

Photobucket


How we acheived this look:
  • I shampooed A's scalp on Friday with Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo
  • After rinsing the shampoo, I conditioned and detangled A's hair with Bee Mine Conditioner. I finger detangled each section first, then combed through with a wide toothed comb.
  • After detangling each section I braided it up so it didn't tangle back up. I had about 4 sections total, so 4 braids. I rinsed the conditioner out while the 4 braids were in. See A's Hair Care Routine for more info on that.
  • After washing and detangling her hair was done, I removed each braid and added Bee Mine Deja's Hair Milk (review soon!) I banded her hair in 6 sections using Faded Glory Ponytail Holders. I spaced them half inch to an inch apart. When I got to the ends of each banded ponytail, I applied some Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizer and braided up the ends.
  • On Saturday evening I took down each banded ponytail, added more Bee Mine Deja's Hair Milk, gently brushed through with our Modified Denman D3 Brush, then banded the section back up. I added Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizer to her ends and braided the ends back up again. I did this to all 6 banded ponytails. This is what gave her final 4th of July Triangle Ponytail style a more smooth look and allowed her ponytails to hang a bit more.
  • I styled her hair today (4th of July), it took about 20-30 minutes total. I took down each section, gently brushed through with our Modified Denman Brush then I began making the triangle parts. Her hair was already split down the middle so I started in the middle of her part and parted each triangle. I tied each section off with a ponytail holder until I had 3 triangle parts on each side.
  • I used Bee Mine Curly Butter to smooth her edges down and to smooth each ponytail down, then I used Faded Glory Ponytail Holders to band each section, alternating the colors, red, white and blue. I braided the ends down and added some red, white and blue beads, with one white star bead on each braid. I also added last years Gymboree 4th of July bows to the front and back ponies.

Photobucket

A couple of pictures of A & Lil Man:

Photobucket

Photobucket

ATTENTION: Thought the red would get your attention. :P lol. I would like for next weeks Hair Share to be 4th of July themed. So if you have any patriotic hair styles or pictures, or just any pictures from the 4th of July please make sure you send them in! :) beadsbraidsbeyond@yahoo.com

18 comments :

  1. This is sooo cute!! Anisa saw it and said, "Mom! I want my hair like that!!" Lol!! The video was too cute! Lil Man looks adorable as well!

    I ended up doing the star style that you did last year. I changed it up a bit though.

    This style and their outfits look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute style! The video is funny; she certainly seems to be in a hurry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! I love the picture with A and lil man! He already seems to look up to her in the picture. :) You did awesome and they looked great today I hope you guys had a good time. We rocked a fro and loved every min of it! lol Happy Fourth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute. Love it. Her hair is long. I also love the bows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nikki I sent you a reply to your e-mail (Diva Spotlight) Also check out my hair style for the 4th of July. Thank you for the inspiration.

    http://mylittlerascals-letty.blogspot.com/2010/07/happy-4th-of-july.html
    P.S (you don't have to publish this comment)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They were too cute today. Love the style. We have got to get some of those ponytail holders so we can do some of your banded styles!

    Hope you guys had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Her hair looks so soft n healthy I deft gotta go splurge n buy avi some mire products

    ReplyDelete
  9. Her hair looks so soft healthy n moisturizer I deft gotta buy avi some more products I'm falling off lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute hairstyle! I would also love to try it on my daughter. Actually, she really likes to style and add hair accessories to her hair. Thanks for the video clip! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it!! Both A and lil man look cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol....your family is beautiful...She had no time for a video she was ready to go LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty. Love the colors. Lil Man was cracking up..hes so cute and I love his outfit too. Lol at A running off to ride her bike.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Little A has gorgeous hair. And, aww, the pic of Lil Man smiling at Lil A is super kawaii cute!

    My girls had 8 giant box braids dressed up with their 4th of July Hello Kitty korker bows. My son had his bushy no-mohawk (his sides grew back way too fast) and just now agreed to let his uncle cut it short, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. They look adorable together. I like the style too. Are the end of the banded ponytails braided or twisted??

    ReplyDelete
  16. I also noticed the ends. My daughter loves "puffs" and beads together she will love it...

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is stunning i love how it looks like her hair is casscading.. beautiful

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.