A's Swimming Routine:
- Rinse the hair with water before getting in the pool.
- Apply a light leave-in. Giovanni Direct Leave-in, a little Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, or Bee Mine Deja's Hair Milk. Focus the leave-in on her ends.
- Coat the hair with Extra Virgin Coconut Oil.
- If possible, put the hair up in a high ponytail or bun with ends tucked under.
- Braids and cornrows hold up very well in the water so try to incorporate those at least 2-3x per month during the Summer.
- Cowash (washing hair with conditioner only) with Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Conditioner or Bee Mine Avocado Conditioner after swimming. Leave conditioner in for 15-30 minutes, sometimes longer, with a plastic cap. I will continue only shampooing 1x per week (see above regular routine) unless I feel it is necessary to shampoo more often. I will let you all know if anything changes.
- I am going to try to incorporate a deep conditioner (specifically made for deep conditioning) 1x per week. I will keep you all posted.
- Apply Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizer to hair after rinsing conditioner out, focusing on her ends.