Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Diva Spotlight: Deseray

Photobucket

Photobucket

Tell us a little about yourself & your daughter:

My Name is Leticia and this is My Little Deseray, she is 5 years old.
I am Mexican (very straight hair) and my husband is African-American, we have been married for 6 years.
We are a military family and we are stationed in Italy.
I need to order her beads and hair bows online so my selection is not that large, but I’ll try some of the websites you have advised.

What is your daughter's hair care routine?

We wash her hair and deep condition once a week.
Her hair has a lot of “Fuzzies” so her hairstyles last the longest about one week, except the box braids.
I detangle her hair with my fingers first, then the wide-toothcomb, and then leave in conditioned and then I start styling.
Before she goes to bed I wrap her hair with a cap or do-rag (how do you spell it?)

What kind of products do you use on her hair?

I just use coconut oil, leave in conditioner and now Curly Q products, she likes her hair curly and long. I also like Protective Mist Bodifier by Taliah Waajid, and Beemine Moisturizing Daily Spritz.

Have you ever used chemicals on her hair?

Nooooo. I haven't put any chemicals in her hair. I did (My sister) straighten her hair once, but it got very dry. She loved her hair straight, I told her we can do it on a special day once a year.

Photobucket

Can we see a few of your favorite styles?

YES Check it out. she said she looks Awesome..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

How did you learn to do all of this?

If I see a hairstyle I usually pay attention and 90% of the time can replicate it. I taught myself how to cornrow, and from there I just made up some styles, watched some videos and, as long as I can remember I knew how to French braid, that was the first thing I did to her hair other than the ponytails and twist. Her hair is too long and dries out too quick now so I have not done any twist lately. Also necessity, I cant have my little girl hair looking all messed up. (Any tips are welcome)

How does your daughter feel about her hair? Can we see her favorite style?

Ray loves her hair, the first thing she does when I’m done is go to the mirror. She loved the Veil style, she came back from the bathroom and said “ MOM....I have Diamonds on my hair, I love it.” She is goofy.

Photobucket

If you had to share one hair care tip, what would it be?

The best way to take care of your babies hair is to learn about the hair type, if you don’t know ASK, or find your website. Also make it comfortable for your little one when fixing her hair, cartoons, take breaks, snacks…

___________________________________

Keep up the good work Leticia! Deseray has a beautiful head of hair. If you would like to see more of their styles click here for their blog.

___________________________________

Click here to see how you can sign your Diva up!

12 comments :

  1. Good job Leticia!! Ray always has very cute styles! I'm the same way- if I see a style I can replicate it and add a few changes here and there. You are doing an excellent job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lettie!! Ray is looking good as usual. Keep up the good work mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Beautiful long long hair.. keep up the good work..

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have two beautiful children. I agree I love Ray's hair and her styles are so pretty. You do a great job styling her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's a cutie. Love the photo of her being silly, too adorable. Great job mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember her from the Beemine Challenge...her hair is sooo long and cute! Keep up the great work mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job! I am guessing my daughter will have similar hair as your daughter. Also, are you stationed in Napoli? That's where my aunt's husband's family is from. I have been there a few times and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, she looks marvelous. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job, her hair is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous as always! :D I love your styles, Letty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. GRACIAS to everyone. and @Mrs. Blessed yes we are in Napoli, LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.