Friday, May 7, 2010

Removing Sister Twists + BeeMine Sale



A had the sister twist/cornrow style in for one week. During the week I moisturized her ends each night with Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer and sprayed her each each morning with Juicy Moisturizing Daily Spritz. Her hair, specifically her ends, felt amazing.

Before removing A's sister twist style, I washed her scalp with Bee Mine Peppermint & Tea Tree Nourishing Shampoo, I rinsed the shampoo out with warm water and on wet hair I applied a generous amount of Bee Mine Avoacado Cream Balanced Conditioner. I removed all of A's twists with the conditioner in, then I put a plastic cap over her hair for about an hour. After an hour I rinsed the conditioner and her hair felt so soft!! I applied Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer to her wet hair. I don't think I can say enough about this moisturizer. It works sooo great in her hair! I banded her hair up. I am going to leave her hair banded for a day then restyle in another protective style for the weekend.

Photobucket

Here's a close up of the Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer (after being used). This stuff is amazing.

To remove sister twists:
  • You want the hair to be wet and loaded up with a conditioner that has good slip
  • Gently take apart each twist. You don't want to rip the twist apart. When you're dealing with twists, sometimes they can really snag and try to stay together at the ends so you want to try to be careful. Ripping them apart really quickly will only cause breakage.
  • When you unravel each twist, if it doesn't glide apart then you probably want to rewet that twist and add some more conditioner to it.
  • After gently unraveling each twist, you want to take each section of the twist, and start separating it. (as seen in the video)
  • After you have each twist unraveled and separated you want to finger detangle the hair, making sure you got all tangles out, then use your wide tooth comb starting from the ends on up.

Basically....you don't want to just comb the twists out. You want to separate each section first. Hope that helps!

______________________________

I also wanted to let you all know about BeeMine Mother's Day Sale. 15% off orders $15 or more. Code: QUEEN10 (this sale doesn't last long!)

Here's the banner: (click to make bigger)

8 comments :

  1. Thanks for the video and detailed insructions.
    A's hair looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! The video was right on time! Even for my own head :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good tips! I got some of the Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer and it really does make the hair soft. Detangling was super easy too. I'm not a huge fan of the scents of the shampoo and conditioner but the moisturizer isn't bad. I got some of the growth serum w/sulfur and it is soooo strong. I'll let you guys know how it works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the video! I had a hard time taking her twist out but now I know I should have put some conditioner in her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that the cream moisturizer gets the job done. I've recently tried it and it works great

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.