Sunday, May 16, 2010

French Braid Out on Mom

Photobucket

I have been rather bored with my usual messy bun lately so I decided to try to go for the beach wave look. It looks more like I crimped my hair but that's okay. Definitely inspired by my daughter of course and all the fabulous braid out's I've seen in various forums.

Click *here* to see A's cornrow braid out.


Get the look:
  • On freshly washed hair apply moisturizer & styling cream I used BeeMine Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer and BeeMine Bee Hold Curly Butter I applied about a dime size amount to 4 sections and brushed through with my Denman D3 Brush.
  • If you want more of a loose wave, try 1-2 french braids, if you want a look similar to what I have try doing 4 french braids.
  • I parted my (wet) hair from ear to ear and made two french braids in the back, then I made one french braid in the front on each side going down to the side. If you wear your hair to the side make a side part, if you wear it straight down the middle, be sure to make a middle part.
  • I secured the ends of all 4 french braids with the Faded Glory ponytail holders I bought from Walmart.
  • I woke up in the morning, got dressed, then started to take down each french braid. My hair felt very soft and moisturized, however, it was still a little damp. My hair takes forever to dry to yes my hair is slightly damp in these pictures.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is a great style for mother's who want to switch up their look but don't have a lot of time to do so. Do a few french braids at night (total styling time should be no more than 10 minutes- unless you plan on doing more) wake up in the morning, take down the french braids (a couple of minutes) and you're good to go!

23 comments :

  1. i love doing this! &it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are just too cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable!!! Great job, lil different from messy bun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I don't think it looks like it has been crimped, it looks beautifully wavy and curly. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a cute style!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! I totally understand about taking a long time to dry. My hair is/was the very same. But recently I chopped it all off! (because I was tired of the messy bun, too) I think I'm going to send it to the oil spills this time... I guess they're using hair to clean it up? Anyway, maybe now that my hair is shorter it will dry faster! I'll have to give this a try. :) Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great. Your hair is so long.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing! This is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That style is very pretty on you. Your hair is beautiful, long, thick and healthy. Good job...a great way to make that style last is to repeat the steps over, except you don't have to wet your hair all over...just reapply some moisturizer, detangle, part/section hair , rebraid, cover with satin bonnet,go to sleep and take down the the next morning, finger comb if you like and your good to go again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. luv it too! i just discovered this style technique (after noticing how nice in looked on my BF's locs) earlier this year & use it pretty much every week. i luv it because it lasts about a week, is fast & easy & requires little upkeep. And us busy Mamas know how important that is!!
    RootsMamas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. i didnt know yur hair was so long

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is how I style my hair all the time! I'm transitioning back to curly and I've been attempting this transition several times. This however is the longest time I've gone without a perm which is just short of 1yr. Braidouts have been my lifesaver!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your hair looks so long and healthy! Can you post how you take care of your natural hair, with pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  15. You hair are also amazing, that style are looking good on u.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do this style on my hair too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. woooowww Ur a beautiful hot mama! This hair style is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.