Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Slanted Cornrows into a Puff

Repost from 2009

Photobucket


Instructions:
  • Start with completely detangled, damp, well moisturized hair.
  • If you do not know how to cornrow, please click *here* for my cornrowing instructions.
  • Starting on the right side of the head, near the right ear part out your first cornrow, you will curve this cornrow going "in" toward the right ear. This cornrow should be about the width of your middle finger. Make sure you add your choice of styling product to each section that you cornrow to help with the hold.
  • Continue parting on the right side of the head about half way back with a slight curve.
  • Once you get to the top of the head, switch from your right side to your left side.
  • You will basically be doing the same thing on your left side. Part out your first section of hair on the left side near the ear with a curve, going "in" towards the left ear. Continue until you "run in to" your right side.
  • You will now have hair left out in the middle of the head. It will look similar to the shape of a triangle. You want to part off sections of hair going towards the right side. I cornrowed 4 sections of hair in that triangle area.
  • After cornrowing her hair, I put the back in a puff and she was all done!

Maintaining this style:
  • Remove ponytail holder each night and moisturize the hair/puff. You can use a spray moisturizer on the cornrows or you can simply rub a little leave-in/moisturizer over the cornrows.
  • Try to have your child sleep with a satin bonnet or satin pillowcase each night.
  • In the morning, remove satin bonnet, put hair back into a puff, moisturize and fluff.
  • For less tangles, finger comb the hair each night. For even less tangles, after finger combing twist/braid the hair in about 3-4 big twists/braids and remove in the morning.

15 comments :

  1. This is so pretty! I love this style, very cute and simple

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!...Nikki, I have a question, How long does this style usually last? and how do you maintain it before you put her to bed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. TOo cute. I love how you lay her edges down...reminds me of how my mom use to do mine back in day. I slick my boys edges back with a spritz moisturizer and the palm of my hands. It doesn't last long but hey it looks good when their hair is freshly done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this style I think my problem is parting... I need a parting one-on-one session..

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a cute simple style. low manipulation .what do you do with her puff at night to keep it looking good the following day?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute! I love big afro puffs on little girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love this style! Quick, simple, and cute. I love the roundness of her head. My daughter has an oval-shaped head and face, so some cornrow styles that look great on other kids don't fit her face, but I always find a way to fit them to her face shape.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome and I will try it after her box braids.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could get my cornrows that perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much everyone. I added the style maintenance. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute! I can't wait til I learn how to cornrow as good as you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is such a great look.. i think i've finally managed to teach myself cornrowing so i'll be working my way up to this level slowly but surely

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.