Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Product Review: Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Conditioner


Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Curl Moisturizing Conditioner


The claim: It doesn't get anymore moisturizing than pure Pumpkin Seed Oil! This one is for all of our lovely regulars who have been requesting it for a while:) Our moisturizing conditioner will help to soften, moisturize and condition your coils. We scented this one with a sweet smell of pumpkin.


Price: $12.00 8oz

Ingredients: Distilled Water, BTMS (a mild conditioning emulsifier), Pumpkin Seed Oil, Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, Japanese Camellia Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Botanical Oil Complex, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol and Fragrance.

Review: A had worn her hair out/in a ponytail for about a week so her curls were very tangled. I decided to take a chance instead of using some of our good old faithfuls. I bought Darcy's Botanicals a few weeks before and posted a review on a couple of their other products here. I applied a generous amount of this conditioner to A's freshly washed hair. I have to say, this stuff smells amazing. It reminds me of one of my favorite Thanksgiving treats, pumpkin pie! I was surprised at how easily I was getting her tangles out with my fingers. The pumpkin seed conditioner is nice and creamy, with a medium to thick consistency, easy to work into the hair. I wanted to try this as a leave-in so instead of rinsing out, I left all of the conditioner in and went ahead and banded her hair (see picture above). A's hair was still not dry by morning so if I try it as a leave-in again, I will definitely do a quick rinse or squeeze excess conditioner out of her hair. I can't say I loved it or hated it as a leave-in. I love it for detangling though so I think I may just go ahead and keep this as a rinse out conditioner. Overall, it was yummy and I can't wait to try it again!

www.darcysbotanicals.com

3 comments :

  1. Cool Review Nikki, Thanks for sharing. I love Apple Pie & Pumpkin Pie scents during the Fall. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was gonna say the same thing I would love to try this, unfortunately I am not due to go home to the states for a while and I am sure they don't have this in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i don't know if this is still helpful to you, but for anyone else they sell this on a website called british curlies. they also do the 32oz size which isn't sold in america!

      Delete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.