Thursday, September 1, 2011

Organizing Hair Products & Accessories

Kelli, one of our readers, was kind enough to share how she organizes her hair products and accessories. I get this question a lot and to be quite honest, the only thing that is really organized in our house these days are headbands thanks to the Original Headband Holder. I love Kelli's system and having it in the living room stored away seems to be very convenient. Read below for more info.


It took me a good year to come up with a method to the madness that can come with all things hair related. I had stuff everywhere because I had no good place to keep everything together. I also never do hair in the bathroom or bedroom but always in the living room. I finally came to grips with the fact that the living room would be the best place to keep everything. But where? A couple of months later we found this lovely room divider at Costco. It was perfect! Three of the 4 bins hold hair stuff with the fourth on reserve for when we need more space! I now have everything I need in the room where 95% of the time I do hair. Voila!



Last year at the beginning of the school year I found these colorful clear plastic school boxes at Walmart. They work perfect for storing accessories. There are two additional craft containers with compartments. I use these for any of the little items. I have one more basket in her bedroom closet that holds her more delicate hair accessories.


I use one fabric bin to hold the accessories. The containers with the more popular accessories are at the top and the less used are on the bottom. Little J loves being able to get the bin for me and help pick out her "pretties."


Another fabric bin holds my go to styling products and styling tools. I have one additional fabric bin with additional hair product. Any conditioners that I only use while in the bathtub stay in the bathroom. Any duplicate products are kept in the basement where it is cool until I need them.


This is my hair tool caddy that used to be the diaper caddy. I use it to keep anything I am going to use while doing Little J's hair. I just pull it out and set it next to me while I work on her hair.



All of our styling products and tools hidden in a fabric bin in our living room


Hair accessories hidden in a fabric bin in our living room.

Thank you so much for sharing Kelli!

So, how do you store all of your products and accessories? Better yet, if you have pictures of your system, please share them on our Facebook page!

6 comments :

  1. That is a great system and I never thought to use those pencil boxes hmm, I am going to go buy some now thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is so nice. I feel ashamed to think of my house with hair products everywhere! You're inspiring me to get organized!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She definitely has some organizing skills. Everything is so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super clean & Super neat! I don't think it matters on the "how-it's-kept" but more so how cleanly it's kept we should all be mindful of inspecting those baubles, bows & headbands for build up wear & tear.

    Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea!!! I was looking for a solution for organizing hair products and accessories.
    Thank you ^_^

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.