Monday, September 12, 2011

Diva Spotlight: Ladybug

Click to enlarge
Tell us a little about yourself & your daughter:
Hi my name is Tonda and I am the mother of this 4yr old (future DIVA) Ladybug! We are both natrual I did the BC last October.....I currently don't do all that I should for mines bc I'm more focused on hers. I have not quite figured out her "hair type" yet...I wpould probably say some whee arond the 4b & 4c area...she had really tight curls and really thick!

Mommy Tonda and Ladybug
Click to enlarge
What is your daughter's hair care routine?
I wash her hair every other week and do a co-wash in between. We do a pre-poo before every wash with conditioner and unrefined coconut oil, and we detangle and section the hair off in about 6-7 sections in fat 2 strand twist. Because her hair tangles really bad we wash the hair while its still in the twist. We try to deep condition 2-3 times a month because she has really dry hair, but we most definitley do twice a month. She sleeps witha satin scarf/cap and sleeps on a satin pillow case.

Click to enlarge
What kind of products do you use on her hair?
We have yet to find a "staple" product. We are currently using Bee Mine products.......we are loving the luscious moisturizer, Bee Lovely Daily conditioner, Bee Loved Hair & Scalp moisturizer, and curly butter. We also use a spray mix with conditioner, water, and oils in spray bottle and spray as a detangler and refresher. For oils we normally use extra virgin olive oil,jojoba oil, castor oil, and the coconut oil by itself. We also use a few of Taliah Waajid products her mist bodifier and curl cream.

Have you ever used chemicals on her hair?
Holding head in shame....YES.....I let my mom and cousins talk me into letting her do a texturizer bc they convinced me that it would make her hair more "manageble".....OMG what a BIG mistake!! Her hair completely changed and became really thin and felt very rough. And although I have not always known much about hair I've always known the basics of taking care of hair and her hair was well maintained and we still had a lot of breakage and her texture completely changed. So from then on I never put the chemicals back in. I started paying more attention to her hair and we cut her hair like every two weeks until the texturizer was gone.

Can we see a few of your favorite styles?
SURE
Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge
How did you learn to do all of this?
I would say from growing up with a mom that did hair, trial and error, and from wonderl blogs/sites like BBB. So glad I found you!!

How does your daughter feel about her hair?
She loves her "big hair" and beads and braids because she loves to shake them...We recently tried box braids and she is so in love with them!!!

Can we see her favorite style?
Yes
Click to enlarge
If you had to share one hair care tip, what would it be?
Never let any one tell you whats best for your little one because it works for them....research research research!!! Be patient and except that you will have trial and error before you find the perfect product or routine thant works for your little one... if you ever do.

10 comments :

  1. Ladybug is beyond cute! I love the styles Mommy Tonda does on her-great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's adorable! My baby loves her beads too so she can shake them! She has a great hair length already, it will be exciting to see how her hair progresses! Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait til my niece's hair gets longer so I can borrow some of these styles!!!! Soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do a great job on her braids!!!!! Ladybug is adorb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful hair and smile. Her hair is really thick, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AAAAWWWWW! LadyBug is so adorable. I really enjoyed this whole post but I really enjoyed her mother's advice on "never let anyone tell you what's best for your little one." I like how she encourage us to find our own way & to research what is best for our children. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the styles. I think my daughter has this same hair type. Gave me some good hair tips for her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is adorable! Love the pic with the big orange flower and the puppy :) Great job Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is sooo cute! I remember seeing her on the facebook page. I just love those huge puffs. Great job, mom.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.