Saturday, September 24, 2011

Criss Cross Cornrowed Headband & Box Braids

Guest post by Aisha of Braid With Me

Let me start by saying that I apologize for our absence. Education is very important to us and that has been our main focus. I hope that you can understand.

Now back to this style!!! For the September Hair Carnival, I was paired with the very talented onceuponacurl.blogspot.com. According to her blog, "Once Upon a Curl strives to provide affordable and Quality hair care products to children and parents of all colors. Our main goal is to reach those who otherwise have no access to products they like and need to take care of and maintain curly types of hair." In addition to offering products, she loves to style natural hair! Please visit her blog and Facebook fan page for more info on this wonderful blogger.

For this style, I decided to combine her love for freestyle cornrows and my love for protective styles such as box braids. I also decided to copy fellow blogger charlottesavenue.blogspot.com love for braided headbands. If you haven't checked out her blog, you are missing out!! She covers natural hair, parenting and everything in between!

I started with clean, detangled, moisturized hair that had been banded for a couple of days.

Next, I began adding medium box braids starting at the nape area and working my way up. I was unable to finish the style on this particular day, so I added two twisted ponytails in the front section and secured them with ouchless bands.

The following day, I began adding freestyle cornrows in the front section in preparation for the braided headband. Although it is not visible in this photo due to the bow, the two overlapping cornrows lead into three cornrows.

The Results!!!


Do you find inspiration from others? Please share your thoughts!!

Stayed tuned for the update!!

4 comments :

  1. This is beautiful! Aisha is always so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aisha's work is something truly amazing!! She does such a great job. Her mind makes such terrific styles come to fruition!!! Great job, Aisha!!

    AWESOME guest, Ms. BBB!! <3

    Char~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this style...it is just beautiful. I can hardly wait to try it on my daughter’s hair!!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.