Tuesday, February 8, 2011

She Cut Her Hair



Guest Blogger, Aisha, shares her experience with her daughter cutting her hair. Read below.






Guess what Anisa did!? That's right!! She cut her hair!! Saying that she chopped it off would be more accurate!! I styled her hair into some ponytails Sunday night. On Monday night I told her to get the hair stuff so I could touch up her hair before bed. I started in the back and undid one twist. As soon as I took down the first twist, hair started falling into my hands!!! You can imagine what was going through my mind!! What did I do?? Did I use the wrong thing??? I was terrified!!! Then I looked closer! The portion of the ponytail was cut in a perfectly straight line!! If the hair had broken off for some reason, it wouldn't look like that. Immediately I asked: "Did you cut your hair?"
Anisa: *Tears* "Yes! I didn't mean to...."
I was crushed!! I had a handful of hair in my hand and there was nothing I could do about it!

Here's what happened:
My brother bought Anisa a bead set for Christmas and she was trying to make a necklace. She was trying to cut the string/cord for the necklace while it was still around her neck and inadvertently cut her hair.
Needless to say, she lost access to her scissors! Lol!! I was upset but what could I do?? I tried my best to hide it. What was once two ponytails became one chopped ponytail formed into cornrows that led into the other ponytail.

She first cut her hair in May during the protective style challenge. It was in the front that time and it was on purpose!! I hope she won't do it again!!





8 comments :

  1. LOL! Awwww, she's so cute! But easy for you, you found a way to hide it. But none the less, her hair is still on point.




    http://www.hooplatyourbrain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaw! At least it wasn't on purpose, she even teared up about it. I'm glad you found a way to cover it up. Her hair still looks amazing, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to see we are not alone! My daughter did the same thing 2 days ago. She had made herself a necklace and was measuring the string (while around her neck), and cut it. She didn't even realize she'd cut her hair until I found a butterfly snap and part of a twist on the ground. Ah, well. At least it will grow back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my biggest fears...all the scissors in our house are way way far out of reach. I'm so paranoid. But nice recovery - it actually looks very cute and adds a spunkiness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww you still managed to hide it well it looks cute!!! It'll grow back before you know it! Kids and scissors a bad combination my litle cousin cut off her sisters hair while she was sleeping she had two french braids in her hair and she went and cut both braids off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, poor kiddo...and poor mom, too! Good thing Aisha is creative enough to hide it! I have no doubt that Anisa and her hair will continue to look as fabulous as ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone!! She keeps saying, "I didn't mean to cut my hair..." I just tell her that it's alright. I've been doing a good job of covering it up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! This happened to my daughter about three weeks ago. But she let her friend do it. Her hair was freshly washed and banded waiting for me to do. When I went to take her hair down later that night to do, clumps of hair started to fall out from the ponytails. I was furious. To make a long story short, her friend and her were playing hair salon with real scissors. When my daughter went to cut her friends hair she pretended, but when her friend went to cut my daughter's hair it was for real. What can you do? Nurture the spot and pray for speedy growth!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.