Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Cornrows & Twists - New Protective Style



Guest blogger, Aisha, shares this cute protective style done on her gorgeous daughter, Anisa.





Instructions:
  • Freshly done - Cornrows and Twists Anisa's hair was washed/conditioned two nights prior to doing this style. Products used: Bee Mine Bee Nourished Ayurvedic Herbal Shampoo Bar ( I love it!!) HEHH Conditioner Bee Mine Deja's Hair Milk Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer
  • I parted the hair into three sections - I had one portion in the middle and one portion on each side.
  • I cornrowed the two side sections in a curved design. The two sides do not match. I wanted each side to be different. Each side does, however, have a cornrow going straight down on the side. While I was braiding, the middle portion was tied off with an ouchless band to keep it out of the way.
  • While I was braiding Anisa's hair, I did not finish the cornrows, meaning I did not braid her hair all the way down. When I was finally finished braiding her hair, I started twisting. I did not make parts. I simply started grabbing sections of hair to twist. I applied the hair milk and lusciuos moisturizer to her hair while doing the cornrows and twists. The Bee Mine Bee Hold Curly Butter would've been a good choice as well but I was out.
  • I did not use any rubberbands or ponytail holders on her hair. It's simply cornrowed and twisted. I did use a few pins in the front (top) to keep the twists out of her face. Anisa will sleep with a satin cap each night. She also has a satin pillow case.





A view of the back. This style can also be worn up.


Ready for her school pictures!

18 comments :

  1. One of my fave!!! Tumbs up, love it...(still waiting for the day i wont like a style by Aisha);-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very beautiful! I love it! Great Job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is a fabulous job and your girl is beautiful. I like the style especially since you didn't use rubberbands etc...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this and all of your styles. I think they are easy to do and replicate. I've done a few of them but with my own twist. Thanks Aisha and Nikki for showcasing your beautiful girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is gorgeous! Great style :)



    http://precious-curls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Lovin the pink boots for her school pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! And thank you Nikki for posting this! She still has this style and it still looks good! The Bee Mine stuff has been wonderful. If you haven't tried it yet, you really should.

    Nikki: I just emailed updated pics

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this hairstyle. I also love her outfit. Can you please tell me where you shop for her clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this hairstyle. I think I will try and braid the front down a little bit so I don't have to use pins. Thank you for sharing your hairstyles. Everyone at my church thinks I am so creative, but I keep stealing hairstyles from you. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great style. Love her glasses...I am a glasses diva myself. She is a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, she is so pretty! I love the hairstyle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like this one so much I think I'm gonna do it on the baby this weekend. I've been trying to do styles that last her at least a week. She's only 15 months but doing her hair in the morning is what takes up the most time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Anon - I buy her clothes from lots of different places, Target, The Children's Place, Macy's, Gap, TJ Maxx, Marshall's, online stores, etc. The outfit in the first pic was a gift but I do know that the jacket is from The Children's Place.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the style and I love her little glasses.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.