Monday, July 11, 2011

How To Get Big Stretched Out Curls



Turning an old twist out or braid out into big stretched out curls is easy as 1, 2, 3. I breiefly posted about this back in May but I wanted to add a little more detail.


Get the look:
  • Your hair will need to be in a braid out or twist out. A's hair was in a braid-out.
  • Dampen the hair with water. I used a spray bottle to dampen A's hair. Do NOT soak the hair. If you soak the hair, it will shrink up.
  • After the hair is slighly damp, add your choice of product. When I'm doing this, I prefer to use a lighter product. I used Shea Moisture Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk for this particular look. I just ran it through her hair, gently pulling apart sections from the old braid-out.
  • Now all you want to do is gently run your fingers through pieces of the hair and fluff. FLUFF, FLUFF, FLUFF!

That's it! You are basically just borrowing from the braid-out's curl pattern to create your own.

Here's the braid out we worked with:


Viola! Big stretched out curls!

6 comments :

  1. Whoa, now that's a lot of hair! This may sound odd but can you ask your daughter if it's heavy at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! She has hair for days (or years for that matter)! Definitely an inspiration to the young and old. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! :) @Dominique-Alexis, I asked, she said no, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done! Do you deep conditioner her hair? My daughter's hair is so dry no matter how much stuff I put in to it, it just eats it up!

    Miche'al

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I showed Syd and her whole face just lit up. Big hair just makes her happy. LOL

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.