Saturday, July 9, 2011

Large Two Strand Twists



I let A wear her big stretched out hair for a couple of days. Her hair was starting to get quite tangled so I decided to do a simple two strand twist style.

To acheive this look, I grabbed large sections of hair with my fingers and dampened each section (one at a time) with a spray bottle. I then added some new Little Penguins products (review soon!) to each section of hair, detangled with our modified denman d3 brush and twisted each section. I held each section down/out to make sure it didn't shrink up as much. Her twists are definitely hanging a little more than usual so it worked out. I continued grabbing large sections, adding product, and twisting until I was finished. There are no rubberbands at the base or ends. To get the twists to stay, I simply rolled the ends between my fingers several times. She loves the results but she told me she'd like to wear a twist out tomorrow. We'll see! :)




15 comments :

  1. Very pretty! By the way, I nominated you for the Sunshine Award. The details are on my site! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! So cute that she's picking her own styles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the chunky twists on her! They look great!



    precious-curls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute as always! i always want to do big 2 strand twist on my A's hair but i think the density of her hair makes it not look quite as good AND for some reason they don't stay too well when they are that big. i shall keep trying. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just love how her hair is everytime it is braided or twisted

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi im Keia love your blog,
    My 2 yr old Livi hates getting her hair done she loves the end result hates the process... I tried everything movies, music, books she just doesnt like ME in her hair she doesnt have hard to manage hair the comb goes right threw even tho its thick... Is this just a faze for her age or is there something I can do more to make her relax.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. A is growing up right before our eyes, prettier and prettier everyday. Her hair is cute as always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How do you get the roots so tight? I keep my little girl's hair in twists and they always turn out with puffy roots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it!

    Jamie
    diaryofahairprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. omgosh!!! so cute

    ReplyDelete
  11. WHAT DO YOU PUT IN HER HAIR AS FAR AS SHAMPOOING AND CONDITIONING AND THE TYPE OF OILS OR GREASE?

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.