Saturday, July 23, 2011

Diva Spotlight: Bunny / Natural-Hair-Care.info.com



Tell us a little about yourself & your sister:
My name’s Dominique-Alexis and Bunny’s my younger sister. I just turned 16 and she’s 9. I started doing her hair a little while back to help my mom out, then I realized that I really liked it and wanted my own salon someday just for people with thick, natural and biracial hair. We – Bunny and I - fought all the time when we were youngsters, but since I’ve started taking care of her hair, we don’t fight anymore (for the most part) and it’s definitely brought us closer.



What inspired you to create your website (natural-hair-care-info.com)? I love it!
Thank you. I started my website because I have a passion for natural hair. I love to inspire people to try new things. My mom owned a website long before I did (http://www.allabouthomeschoolcurriculum.com/) so she was the one who helped me start mine and really pushed me to not only have goals in life but to share them with those who wanted to learn about it too :)

What is your sister's hair care routine?
I wash her about once a week, depending on the style and what’s she’s been doing. She’s learned how to co-wash her own hair (in twists or braids) so she’s pretty excited about that. I do a new style every week usually. Sometimes I’ll just do a twist out or a wash and go.

What kind of products do you use on her hair?
I love Carols Daughter (for Bunny’s moisturizer) and Naked Hair Products (for shampooing and conditioning). I do use peanut oil, too, sometimes. And lots and lots of conditioner and water for detangling.

Have you ever used chemicals on her hair?
No, never any chemicals in Bunny’s hair. My mom used to relax my hair until it started breaking, then she helped me cut it all out and transition about three years ago. It’s kind of confusing because I have a very light hair color (yes, that is my real hair color), almost the color of my skin tone in some places, so people often think I’m lying about my no-chemical commandment or when they see Bunny’s hair stretched straight-ish.

Can we see a few of your favorite styles?
Of course!











How did you learn to do all of this?
I taught myself how to braid, cornrow, and twist hair, then I discovered youtube and I FINALLY learned how to do sister twists/rope twists.

How does your sister feel about her hair? Can we see her favorite style?
She says that she loves her hair because it’s so big and happy.



If you had to share one hair care tip, what would it be?
I’d tell all curlies and naturals to stop trying to conform to this world. It’s your hair and do what you want with it, not what other’s think is pretty.

And thank you Mrs. Nikki for featuring my sister and I! We really love your blog and your daughter’s hair!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much Dominique-Alexis! Please make sure you all check out their website for more tips and styles. Natural-hair-care.info.com

7 comments :

  1. Great interview Dominique is so naturally talented, I wish I had her skills when I was a teen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Dominique! She's so incredibly talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh so heartwarming :) I love the bottom style, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story! I love the hairstyles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These styles are cute!! Now I love how the braid is going across her forehead. At first I thought it was a headband.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.