Sunday, April 1, 2012

Side Cornrows with Two Strand Twists


Click pictures to enlarge

You all probably remember I styled a couple of Miss A's cousins hair about a week ago. Click here if you missed that post. Well, she had another sleep over this weekend and I was once again pleasantly surprised when her cousin asked me if I could do her hair. I love doing hair so of course my answer was yes! :-)

First, I washed and detangled her hair. I washed with Kinky Curly Come Clean Shampoo and conditioned with Queen Helen Conditioner. I could tell her hair would immediately soak the water up so I hurried and applied and generous amount of Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizer to her wet hair. See the picture below.

She wears small ponytails or cornrows with beads, barrettes and knockers most of the time. She told me she didn't like the knockers and would like to wear her hair curly, like Miss A's. I showed her some pictures in our Facebook Style Gallery and she eventually settled on side cornrows with twists. We planned on doing a twist out but she had to go home a little early because she has a doctor appointment tomorrow. I told her she can come back over this week and we will do the twist out.

On to the style, I kept it fairly simple and did some basic cornrows on the side. I don't think it's any surprise that I used Bee Mine Products for this style. I know you're probably tired of me mentioning them but I find that they work well on all hair types. I applied a little Bee Mine Curly Butter to each section before cornrowing. I ended the cornrow with a rubberband and twisted the remaining hair. After cornrowing one side of her hair, I moved on to the rest of her hair. I simply grabbed small sections of hair with my fingers, added some curly butter and twisted until I was all done. I added some claw clips to jazz the style up a bit.  She absolutely loves how it turned out and she really enjoyed having a little mini photoshoot.



Edited to add: I used a tiny bit of Kinky Curly Curling Custard to lay down her edges ("baby hair"). :-)

Our Bee Mine Products reader discount code has been extended so you can still use code BBBJAN for 10% off your $15 minimum purchase. Happy shopping! www.beemineproducts.com
Wet, moisturized hair.


Funny side note, she kept asking me if I was braiding her hair and I kept telling her yes. She was so surprised that she couldn't feel me braiding! lol



For bonus pictures of this style and Miss A with her cousin, stop by and "like" our Facebook page! www.facebook.com/beadsbraidsandbeyond





13 comments :

  1. can my daughter be an honorary cousin? lol....I wish I had your skills! her hair looks amazing! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bee mine should pay you if they don't already. They should also get national distribution already. The stuff is fantastic but I'd just lime to pick it up instead of order it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. I wish I had 1/4th of your talent. I barely know how to braid but I'm going to have to learn to do more because I can already tell that my daughter is going to have hair like me. Awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! They both look so cute, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! My daughter's hair is similar to hers. Did you do this on wet or dry hair?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so loving the side-hawk!! I'm going to have to figure out how to do that for my daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like thous going to try this style today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is pretty much my "go to" style for my daughters hair. I do it every 2 weeks or so and she wears it for about 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She looks gorgeous! (with and without the do) My daughter's texture is similar to hers, thanks or posting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wish I was that good at braiding lol. But I'm getting ther. Love that style

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.