Friday, March 30, 2012

Two Strand Twists with Braided Roots Pulled into a High Bun




How perfect is this style for girls? We both absolutely love the way this turned out. A Facebook reader (Hi Lizanne!) completely inspired me to try this when she posted a picture of her daughters two strand twists with the roots braided. I've seen this done with synthetic hair but never thought to do it on natural hair. If you have problems with your roots being too puffy or frizzy or coming undone, then this right here should solve your problem! 

First, I washed my daughter's hair. After washing I moisturized on wet hair (Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizer) and applied a little extra virgin coconut oil over the moisturizer. I began by parting at a slant at the nape of her neck. I used Bee Mine Curly Butte for a little bit of hold. I braided about an inch of each section then took the 3 sections and made them 2 sections, finishing off with a basic two strand twist. To get her twists to stay in place, I roll the ends between my index and thumb several times. I continued making medium sections parted at a slant until I was finished. This style took about an hour or so to complete. I decided to place the twists up in a high bun. A few people were asking me how I got her bun so perfect on Facebook so read below for some quick instructions.

Click to enlarge
  1. Place twists in a high ponytail
  2. Gather all of the twists together and begin twisting them all one way.
  3. Begin rolling the twisted section around the ponytail holder.
  4. Tuck the ends under the bun and secure with an ouchless ponytail holder. Use bobby pins if you need extra hold.
  5. All done!
If the hair is not long enough for this bun method, try using a sock or donut piece then wrap the twists around and tuck the ends under. Click here for instructions.

For bonus pictures, "LIKE" us on Facebook! :-) www.facebook.com/beadsbraidsandbeyond



5 comments :

  1. She looks gorgeous! (As always)...great job! Now to get my daughters hair to grow a bit more so that it will look that wonderful! You are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful hairstyle for a beautiful girl! May God bless her! I bet this hairstyle would look great on loc'd hair as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, adorable do. I wish I knew how to do this on my little ones *sigh*

    www.lenasblend.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.