Monday, April 2, 2012

Little Girls Natural Hairstyle: Cornrows & Twisted Bangs with Pigtails

Click pictures to enlarge
First of all, how adorable is she? This is another one of Miss A's cousins. We will call her Lil Bit. She saw  her sister get her hair done earlier in the day so she asked me if I could style her hair as well. How could I say no to this face? 

As always, I started off by washing her hair. I used Kinky Curly Come Clean Shampoo and Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner (old ingredients). I applied moisturizer immediately after rinsing her hair (Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizer). After moisturizing, I began styling (on wet hair). First, I parted a square shape on the top, middle section of her head. I tied the rest of the hair back. This style is very simple and quick. I parted small sections coming straight down toward her face and cornrowed them, at the end of each cornrow I started doing a basic two strand twist. I used Bee Mine Curly Butter on each section. The plan was to give her some cute twisted bangs. After I finished up with the top, I parted the remaining hair straight down the middle and placed them in pigtails. I twisted the hair in the pigtails as well (4 twists in each ponytail) and added a couple of bows. I used Kinky Curly Curling Custard to slick the ponytails down and to smooth her edges down in the front.

Our reader discount code has been extended. BBBJAN will get you 10% off of Bee Mine Products. www.beemineproducts.com

Don't forget to like us on Facebook for more pictures! https://www.facebook.com/beadsbraidsandbeyond




5 comments :

  1. This is a cute style and she is absolutely adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute and I love her style!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I was so discouraged about what to do to my daughters hair! Normally I wash it, blow dry it, and style it with barretts or put it in a puff. Thanks to you, I am now minimizing the manipulation process and becoming creative.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.