Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Crazy Hair Day: Enchanted Garden


It's that time again! Crazy hair day, that is. If you don't remember last years crazy hair day style, check it out here, it was a bird's nest.

I didn't know about crazy hair day until the day before so this was completely last minute. I stole the idea from  this post. I think it turned out pretty good to be a last minute kind of thing. I had to just start throwing flowers in her hair at the end because we were running out of time. I won't be going into detailed instructions but I'll add a few notes.

  • I bought the miniature fence at the craft store in the doll house section. I spray painted the fence white.
  • I hot glued the butterflies and bees to the craft wire
  • I used a strong clear tape to take the back of the fence together. I used tape rather than glue so the fence could bend completely around her bun.
  • I used lots of bobbypins
She loved it and couldn't wait to show her friends!



Here's our starting point. I used one of those stretchy elastic headbands for her ponytail then began twisting small to medium sections of wet hair, rolling the twists and pinning in place.


12 comments :

  1. This looks great!!! Her bun is so pretty!! She looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is pretty, I know A's friends are going to ooooooo and aaaaaah over it. I love twisty buns too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really pretty version of crazy hair! Great job!

    I do buns like that on Syd, and I've even added a flower accessory to it. But I can honestly say that I've never topped any style off with a whole flower garden! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK the starting point is a crazy beautiful style itself!! Love the garden, GOLLY! You better stop denying the crafter in you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is crazy beautiful!! That bun is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is sooo pretty...I kinda like those Church hats the older ladies rock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! my daughter said now she wants "pixie hollow" hair. but she needs tinkerbell to be in there too! LOL what have u started! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What?!!!!!! Seriously?!!! Love it girl, love IT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow...that is amazing..I'm with BBH, no more denying that your craftiness, lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did it!!!!! I'm so proud of you!! Gorgeous too!

    Char~

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.