Monday, July 12, 2010

Connected Rainbow Ponies into Side Puff

Photobucket

Photobucket


Instructions:
  • Start with wet/damp, detangled, well moisturized hair.
  • Begin parting a medium/large square by the right ear. Use a rubberband/elastic and tie that square off. I used Mini No Damage Elastics, use colorful elastics for the cute rainbow look. Braid the hair in that rubberband/elastic down about an inch or so.
  • Part your next square right above your first square, connect your first ponytail/half braid in to your new square.
  • Part your third square right above your second square. Connect your second ponytail/half braid in to your new square. Continue this process until you get about 1-2 inches from the left ear. I only did 4 connected square ponytails on top.
  • Now start behind your right ear. Part a square, tie it off with your rubberband/elastic, braid it about an inch or so down.
  • Part a square/section right under your first square, connect your first ponytail/half braid in to your new square/section.
  • Continue this process until you have reached about an inch or two near the left ear. I had a total of 4 sections in the back as well.
  • Tie the puff off with an large ouchless/no damage ponytail holder, moisturize and fluff.

Total Styling Time: 15-20 Minutes
Products Used:
  • Rat tail comb and wide tooth comb
  • Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizer
  • Colorful No Damage Mini Elastics by Scunci Girl (review soon)
  • Thick No Damage Elastic by Scunci Girl

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

28 comments :

  1. i've been doing the banded headband with colored ponies on my daughters hair with a puff up top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a cute style and I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this style! I usualy do just the top of the head, but I dont know why it never occurred to me to the the bottom half. Awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is so cute! & that poof is HUGE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww i adore this style... i love puffs.. i think they will always be my fave style..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it. I think the side ponytail is so pretty on A. She looks like a lil big girl. I don't know what it is about little girls with big hair or pony puffs but it is so cute on them. A has such a pretty smirk. I was looking for the Goody pony holders but the store was out so I picked up the Scunci no damage small and big pony holders to use on my boys banded ponytails. I'll wait until you do your review to see if we came up with the same results.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Side pony puffs are always so cute

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love poofs as well. I always think "I rock rough and stuff with my afro puffs"...lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that puff. I also like using those pony holders. 1000 followers you go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute. I love side puffs. And I just noticed you now have 1000 followers. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that's a puff. I'm gonna try this one (or a variation of it). Off to find the ponytail holders.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable!!!! I love the simplicity and the color! :) Very cute.

    1000 followers!!! Woooooo!!! Go Nikki and A!!!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cuteee!!!

    Is A in camp or is she at home during the day? I want to do a big puff and lose hair, but all I think about is hands playing in her hair or a scissor-accident happening because she's in camp most of the day =/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is cute but does this style dry out by the end of the day?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww so cute! 1000 followers, GO Nik and A! This style is adorable by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! BEAUTIFUL HEALTHY HAIR! LUV IT!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on reaching 1,000 followers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. cute and simple!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the side fro I've been trying to achieve something similar we're so gonna try this style!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the big ponytail! This style seems quick adn easy too

    ReplyDelete
  22. She is adorable and so is the hairstyle!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow ur long my have way longer sister!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. we just did this style and loved it!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.