Thursday, July 8, 2010

Natural Flower Girl Hair Style: Two Strand Twisted Halo With Cornrows

Photobucket

I have had several requests for natural flower girl hair styles. Because I don't think I'm very good with fancier/special occasion hair styles I decided to Google for inspiration. I didn't find one natural flower girl hair style so I will be having a series of Natural Flower Girl Hair Styles for our little girls. I hope you all enjoy!

Photobucket

I call this Two Strand Twisted Halo With Cornrows, since one of the twists go across her forehead, I thought it looked kind of like a halo.


Instructions:
  • Start with freshly washed hair. You want to make sure the hair is wet to acheive this look.
  • In the front middle section by the forehead, part half of a moon shape. This is where you will add your cornrows. Tie that section off to get it out of your way.
  • You will now begin twisting the hair. I parted some hair out around the nape area, added some Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizer and Bee Mine Curly Butter to that entire section, finger combed, then began grabbing medium sections with my fingers. You can use your choice of moisturizer/styler. I did not part the hair. I just grabbed and started twisting. If your child has thick hair, it will cover up any "unfortunate" parts, if your child has thin hair, you may want to use a comb to part the hair. In each medium section I just crossed the right strand over the left, right over left, right over left. Once I got to the end of each twist I rolled the ends between my thumb and index (pointer) finger.
  • I grabbed medium sections with my fingers, added our products, and twsited until I was done with her entire head.
  • I then moved on to the section I previously parted for cornrowing. I started by parting on the left side of the moon shape, at a slight slant. I cornrowed that section. Once I was at the end of the cornrow, I had three sections, I added the sections together and made two sections so I can do a two strand twist.
  • After the first cornrow, I moved on to the right side and did the same exact thing. At this point I have one cornrow on the left at a slight slant, and one on the right at a slant.
  • I then parted four "triangle" sections in the middle and cornrowed those.
  • After cornrowing the half moon shape, I took one twist from the right side and pulled it across her forehead. I used one bobbypin to hold it down.
  • I added four of those cute rhinestone spin pins I bought from Walmart. They spun in her hair like butter! No snags or anything. That was it!

Total Styling Time: 30 minutes

Photobucket

Photobucket

27 comments :

  1. oh my gracious, that is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. You are very creative. I am so lazy I try to keep the same style for a least a week the most two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. brides also look for such options. i think this style is sophisticated enough for adults.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job!! U r doing such a good job on A's hair

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so creative...this is a very pretty girly style...I love it... Good job Nik!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! Good job, I'm so gonna try this style on my little ones hair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! Good job, I am so gonna try this style on my little one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! My daughters love it too! Great work Nik!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish MY hair was long enough to do this! Or that I knew how to cornrow lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl, you ROCKED that! SOOOO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like this style!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice! I really like this style, very pretty :). I could really dig this style with some flower accessories as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! I just did a "halo" on Q, too! Only it was farther back on her head. :)

    How do you do all those twists so quickly??! I'm so impressed! (like usual)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! This style looks so regal. She looks like a young Cleopatra.

    ReplyDelete
  16. look @ all that hair- love her- this style really frames her beautiful face- I love it on her- gonna try it on my little one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty. I see you found a use for the new accessories. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A's hair looks heavenly!

    My little bro is getting married next month and my daughters are in his wedding, so I love that you're going to be doing a Flower Girl series! My soon to be sister-in-law has requested that they have an updo style. Can you recommend a great looking updo style that is easy to do and doesn't need a lot of bobby pins? Thx.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Deseray saw this pictures and she asked me if she was a princess, and I explained what a flower girl is and she wants me and my husband to get married again so she can be our flower girl. Kids. It might just happen.

    ReplyDelete
  20. thats gorgeous - love love love this oxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful! Recreated it on my oldest, even went out & bought the hair accessories. :) Did the heart on my youngest. Showed my girls some the styles on the site & they were excited to see so many different options. Think I'll try the pony hawk next. Thanks to you & the other ladies for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think this may be one of my favorite styles so far. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  23. i have seriously been looking everywhere and can not find these swirly accessories....

    ReplyDelete
  24. i have some of those spiral hairpins, put dont have a clue what to do with them i was thinking that they might get tangled in twisted hair styles but now that i see your pics i will try them in my own twist

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful! Styling time = 30 minutes???? I am pretty new to doing my niece's hair and so I know I am slow but to think that it only took you 30 minutes to do this entire style makes me wonder if I will ever get up to speed : )

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.