Friday, July 2, 2010

Introducing Guest Blogger: Aisha

Photobucket

Photobucket
Aisha's daughter, Anisa.

I am very excited to introduce you all to our very first guest blogger, Aisha. You may remember Aisha's beautiful daughter Anisa from several different Hair Share's, Diva Spotlight, and she was the first place winner of the Protective Styling Challenge. Not only does Aisha take great care of her daughter's hair, but she's also very creative. I hope you find Aisha's posts helpful, I also hope to learn a thing or two! She will be posting weekly/biweekly, or however often she has a new post for us! Stop by Monday for her very first step-by-step instruction post.

I asked Aisha to type up a bit about herself, read below.


__________________________________

Photobucket
Guest Blogger, Aisha.

Hi my name is Aisha. I am a natural mom of two beautiful kids - Anisa (6) and a darling baby boy. I have been natural my entire life thanks to my mom, who was also natural her entire life. I usually wear my own hair in simple styles - puffs, braid outs, wash and goes, twists, and it is worn straight sometimes. Although I only had experience with natural hair, I did not have an interest in children's hair until Anisa was born. I eventually taught myself how to braid by practicing on her hair. Now I can't get enough lol! I want to continue to learn about natural hair and continue to show my creativity.

I've tried several products on my own hair, as well as on Anisa's. I've also made the mistake of trying products that weren't healthy. It's really just trial and error. I've found that I enjoy using the following products:


  • Carol's Daughter Hair Milk
  • Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter
  • Carol's Daughter Loc Butter (for box braids)
  • Coconut Oil
  • Shea Butter
  • Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Shampoo/Conditioner
  • Deva Curl No-Poo Cleanser
  • and my new favorite products come from the Bee Mine line:
  • Bee Mine Juicy Moisturizing Daily Spritz
  • Bee Mine Bee Loved hair and Scalp Moisturizer
  • Bee Mine Bee Hold Curly Butter
  • Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer


I hope that you enjoy the instructions/tutorials. If you have any questions about a particular style, please leave a comment.

Photobucket

Photobucket

25 comments :

  1. Wow..so exciting I love Aisha's work also can't wait to read her posts.. look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm such a fan! Looking very forward to your post Aisha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaay welcome Aisha!! I love your styles!! you are so talented! i look forward to trying some of these hairstyles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I love Aisha's styles! It's funny becuase I have been hoping for a while that she'd be a guest blogger or something. I look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering if something like this would happen! I've been a fan too of Anisa's hair in the hair share's...looking forward to tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, I'm also a fan of Aisha! Anisa's hair always looks healthy and the styles are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome Aisha you have an adorable daughter, Congrats on being the 1st place winner of the Protective style challenge, You had some very pretty and creative style. Love to see mothers that take care and love to take care of their children hair. Keep up the good work and I am looking forward to reading your post and seeing the styles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Nikki, GReat Job. and Mom I cant wait for your step by step post. Love your and your girl's hair.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone!! I hope that you enjoy the upcoming post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Guest blogger??? I like! Anisa's hair is always pretty and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Aisha i really love your blog and your daughter is awesome
    thank you very much for share with all of
    us all the things that you can do with the hair
    is incredible?? where do you learn all the things?? it's fantastic, congrats!!

    thank you really!! it's so pretty
    sorry for my english :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on becoming a guest blogger! I look forward to reading your posts and seeing all of your wonderful styles.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on being a guest blogger! I love all of Anisa's styles and I can't wait to see all of the styles that you haven't showcased yet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aisha,

    Great job!!! Anisa is darling as usually...I've seen your hair numerous times and did not know you were natural.... and you were self taught after Anisa' birth...YOU ARE INDEED CREATIVE:-)

    Happy as a..............

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all of Anisa's styles, cannot wait for step by step instructions especially for the frohawk please.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice job Aisha. I always take a second look at your pictures of Anisa. Her hair looks looks very healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great job. I wander how long this style would last? How do you maintain it and keep it looking as fresh as possible?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anisa is your twin. Love how you are creative with your daughters hair without making her hair tight. I use to give advise to parents about braiding and having their daughters ponytails too tight. I knew I was not crazy and just because I have boys does not make a difference. keep up the great hair styling.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks Dimples!!

    @ Pamela - Are you referring to a particular style? Most of her styles could last for at least a week or longer although I don't always keep them in that long.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for posting your favorite products, I need to try some products myself but when I get into the store there's so much stuff!! Your daughter has beautiful hair and I like your style!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nikki and Aisha are about to transform me into a certified expert braider!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Will be "borrowing" that pony-hawk today for our trip to New Orleans! LOL! Thanks Aisha! You are a braid-style genius!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just became a fan, and I'm hooked! Aisha, I'd love to know how you did the heart hair style. Also, I made the mistake of texturizing my daughter's hair.....its' been six months and while the ends are still straight the middle and roots are THICK! I'd love to leave her hair out....but after a few hours it's just a thick, hard and dry mess? Any suggestions? (I can't seem to join the blog, please email me at, divine_purpose@Yahoo.com).

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.