Saturday, August 13, 2011

5 Flat Twists with Braid out



Miss A had her soccer pictures today so I wanted to do a quick but cute down style. I decided to incorporate a few flat twists going to the side in the front with a braid out. First, I parted a square on the top and sections that off. I grabbed large sections with my fingers, wet the hair then applied some Oyin Whipped Pudding, brushed through with a Denman D4 brush and braided. I did this until she had 5 braided sections. When I got to the top section I parted off in the beginning, I used a pintail comb to make straight parts going to the left, I added a little Oyin Whipped Pudding and flat twisted 5 sections until I was done. Flat twists are pretty basic, just part a small section of hair in the front, split it in two and begin twisting each section around once or twice, you will then start picking up a little bit of hair and adding it into each section, twisting around one another the entire time. I tied each flat twist off with a rubberband to make sure it stayed put overnight. Her braid out was a lot more defined when I first took the braids out but after running around outside it got a little poofy. Still very cute. Perfect picture hair, back to school style, etc.







3 comments :

  1. Very cute!! Do you like the whipped pudding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always a fan of A's hair. Her Braid Out is perfect. She looks so cute in her uniform.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.