Monday, August 1, 2011

3 Cornrowed Ponytails / Soccer Hair



A starts soccer practice today so I knew I needed to do something that would not only hold up well in this hot weather but also hold up well in the water. I have been letting her swim with her hair out a little too much lately which resulted in tangle city. I began working on this style on Saturday with the three layers of cornrows style in mind. I switched it up at the last minute and did 3 cornrowed ponytails. Read below for instructions.

Instructions:
  • As usual, I started with dry, stretched, moisturized hair & properly detangling hair.
  • If you do not know how to cornrow, please check out our Cornrowing for Beginners post.
  • I began by parting a large circle on the top of her head. After I had the circle parted, I tied off the rest of her hair to get it out of my way.
  • I started in the middle of the circle with the comb and parted out towards her forehead for the first part. I like the think of this as parting little slices of pizza. Try to make them a triangular shape. I used Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizer & Curly Butter on her cornrows.
  • I continued the same parting all the way around the circle until I was done.
  • I then moved on to the rest of her hair. I started by making a straight part in the back for two pigtails. I tied off the right section and began working on the left. For the first three cornrows in the front, I parted straight parts to the middle of the section. After that I started parting pizza slices again, all the way around until I was done. Same for the right side.
  • I used Goody Ouchless ponytail holders to put each cornrowed section into a ponytail and I was all done!
I did the top of this style on Saturday and the other 2 ponytails on Sunday. I believe the total time spent was around 3 hours. You may notice something pretty cool in the background of these pictures, look out for a review in a week or so (I love it!).


9 comments :

  1. I'm curious abot that headband holder!! I need to organize mine. Cute style like always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was looking for a ponytail braided style for my oldest's first day of school and this is PERFECT! i love it (and thanks for the instructions i always have issues trying to figure out how to part to get a specific design)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this style!! So many pretty headbands behind her too, I need an organizer as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Braided ponytails are my favorite. I wish I could braid!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to master this style! It is so cute. Get Job Nikki!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this style. I did it last night. My daughter loves it, and my husband feels like he is doing her hair because he twisted the three ponytails. Very cute style. I will post pics on facebook.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.