Monday, March 29, 2010

Pretty Updo, Perfect for your Princess!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I decided to do a test run style on A. I'm still not sure what I'm doing to her hair for Easter (April 4th) but I'll figure something out. It might even be this style. This turned out to be a pretty updo. Perfect for special occasions, holidays, or whenever your little girl wants to feel like a princess!

For this style you will need: Setting lotion (or something with good hold), Curlformers (or other curlers), bobbypins, rubberbands/elastics, moisturizer, oil to soak rubberbands/elastics in.

I started off with stretched hair from banding. I applied some Giovanni Direct leave-in and coconut oil and detangled her hair. After detangling I parted a circle around her head, parting out between 1-2 inches of hair.

Photobucket

I added a generous amount of coconut oil on the hair that was left out. I then made a side part on her right side and began putting in the rubberbands. I didn't part as much hair out on the sides, so I only needed to use one rubberband for that, as I went back I split the section into two and used two rubberbands, then criss crossed each section to the back section and tied it off with my next section. I hope that makes sense.

Photobucket

She had more hair parted in the back, so it became a little difficult to go all around her head because her hair is thick. So what I did was I stopped right behind her left ear and tied the hair off. I then started a totally new section right by her left ear until I had no more hair.

For the hair that was left out of the rubberbands at the end, I put them in Curlformers and I put the rest of her hair in a ponytail (using a setting lotion) and added Curlformers to that as well. If you do not have Curlformers, you can use a different curler. Or for other options you can leave the middle out and natural, you can do the Princess Tiana Bun, you can do a twist out, etc.

Photobucket

About 2 hours later I took the Curlformers out and took each section of hair, flipped it under, and randomly placed bobbypins to hold the hair down. We put on one of her old Easter dresses and she felt like a princess! She went and got her white gloves and pranced around the house the rest of the day.

The results:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

How is your child wearing their hair for Easter? Outfits picked out yet?

14 comments :

  1. Beautiful! A looks so fancy! I can't wait to see what style you settle on for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly what came to my mind....."Princess."

    Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I would love to share this style on my blog. I have also been wanting to high light your whole blog overall I really enjoy visiting and seeing your post. Can you let me know if you would be up for an email interview? I would send over a few questions about why you started the blog, your inspirations and any goals you have for reaching out to others. I would love to include a photo of you and maybe this this hair style picture of your daughter above?? Let me know. Karen - http://naturalhairbeauty.blogspot.com. My email is naturalhairbeauty@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oohh tres cute! It screams I'm a princess. That'd be fun for TK for Easter, but her dress isn't as fancy so we're still brainstorming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my goodness. i know whatever you decided to do to A's hair for Easter it will be absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous!! Thanks for yet another cute style to try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this over on CN so I just had to come over here and give up props! That is a BEAUTIFUL style her hair looks soooo cute...forget the kiddos (I dont have any lol), I'm doing this on ME one day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! A very nice Grecian style.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know you get so many stares when you're out & about. Not only does A have beautiful hair, but it's always on point. This is a really pretty style

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nikki, you are absolutely a hair artist. I did the twist outs on my 2 year old last week and last night I did the cornrows. Can't believe that she sat for almost 30 minutes each. Thank you for your expertise on curly hair and recommending Curlz products. My husband says I'm becoming a pro.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are blessed to have such a beautiful child and she is blessed with a mother that loves her and her hair :-)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.