Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Review: Long & Extra Wide Curlformers on Mama!

Curlformers


Photobucket

Photobucket

I know you're probably thinking "Another Curlformer review?" lol, Yes! And there will be many more to come in the future. Anyway, after seeing how fabulous A's hair turned out from using Long & Extra Wide Curlformers, I wanted to try them to see if they would work on my hair. Well, they did! I loved the results, so I really wanted to share them with you all. :)

Photobucket

These are great because I don't have to use heat, or a curling iron to acheive this look. It took me 15-20 minutes to put them in, I showered, did house work, did my mommy duties, about 1.5 hours later I took them out and got this fabulous look! The only product I used was a setting lotion, on dry hair. I can't wait to try these again! I also want to add, my hair was way too long to get these close to the scalp, so if you have really long hair, just pull them all the way down until your ends are not sticking out, it still turns out really cute.

I love that I can put these in, in about 15 minutes at night, wake up in the morning and look somewhat glamorous. lol If you're a mother, you know we don't always have time to fix our hair, we're always worried about everyone else, right? So I think these are great for busy women.

In this next picture I combed all of my hair over to the side. Sort of an old school Hollywood look. I guess? lol

Photobucket

And in this next picture I put it in a side ponytail, left some of my bangs down, and added one of A's flowers for a different look.

Photobucket

Once again, If you would like to purchase Curlformers, they sell them on their website. They carry several different Styling Kits, along with Starter Packs. I would suggest buying a Styling Kit, which includes many Curlformers, two hooks, a cute bag to keep the Curlformers in, and an instruction sheet (around $60 US Dollars) because the starter packs are around $12 US Dollars, not including a hook. You can also find Curlformers at Sally's Beauty Supply, although they do not have a big variety.

I would like to thank Curlformers for allowing us to review their product.


Disclosure: The product(s) were sent to me free of charge from the company or PR agency for the purpose of this review. My opinions are my own and are not influenced by any other part.

20 comments :

  1. OMG! You & your daughter look just alike! That's your twin lol. I LOVE the hair hun! It's gorgeous! I can't wait til my hair grows back so I can try the curlformers as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You hair looks GREAT. I'm gonna try them, I hope they last. When I use the heat curler I have to put A LOT of stuff on it so the last a couple hours (1-2). I'm gonna try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Your hair looks great with those curls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been planning on buying the kit from the Curlformers site b/c I really want to try them!! You hair looks GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. So big and pretty. Your hair is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been hearing about these, but these are the first reviews I've really read - and now I wanna buy them! lol

    Have you used the old school foam rollers? How do these compare to those? I always did my hair up in them at night and found them okay to sleep in, no heat and my hair stayed curly all day the next day. Foam rollers did work better on my hair if it was damp first, so I wouldn't have been able to get curls in 1.5 hours. I have to have lots of time for the hair to dry completely. Any thoughts?

    Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful. i don't have the patience. didn't your arms hurt when it was all over?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pictures! How do you get the watermark so transparent?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of body and so bouncy! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. NICE! I have these and used them a lot during my transition from natural to relaxed- I haven't tried them on my natural hair, but I think I will dust them off this summer!

    OMG! A is your baby twin! WOW! YOu guys look just alike! Pretty mommy and duaghter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks beautiful!! Great results!

    ReplyDelete
  12. they look great! question: what kind of setting lotion did you use?
    RootsMamas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You and A are sisters!!!! She's your mini lol! But your hair looks great, I wonder if anyone's tried them on locs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Your hair is gorgeous. I was going to get the extra long and wide, but now I'm going to get these!!!!! Your hair looks amazing. How many curlformers did you need?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Could you put a video of you doing you hair with these size curlformers on your Youtube account? I'd reeeally appreciate it and I'm sure many others would too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just beautifull! :)
    Are you hair normally all straigth or big weaves?

    ReplyDelete
  17. First off, I love your hair! Secondly, I was wondering how long of hair you think the long and extra wide set would work for? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG! Your hair looks amazing! I have the long and wide kit and want to purchase the long and extra wide kit for some variety and bigger curls! I did a search for reviews and came across yours. Thanks for sharing... I am purchasing today. I posted pics of my results of the long and wide on my blog at www.sharronsguide.blogspot.com. I really like the bigger curls as well!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, this looks great! I wonder if I would have better results on dry hair.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.