Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Review: Long & Extra Wide Curlformers


Curlformers


Photobucket

I wanted to try the Long & Extra Wide Curlformers on A for picture day so I began preparing her hair a few days before. I added some shea butter mixed with coconut oil to her hair and banded her hair for several days to stretch it out. I have found that the best way to use Curlformers on A's natural hair is to stretch it out (banding, braids, twists) for a few days before, then on dry hair add a little moisturizer/leave-in with good slip (Giovanni Direct Leave-in) then use a setting lotion on each section of hair. I only used 19 Long & Extra Wide Curlformers for this look. I thought it came out absolutely adorable! Everyone thought I had used a curling iron to get the look, but nope! No heat at all! She just slept in the Curlformers overnight. Her ends were just a little frizzy because I didn't pull the Curlformer down all the way, but that was no big deal. It took about 30 minutes to put the Curlformers in, and 5-10 minutes to take them out the next morning.

This style lasted several days. It can last up to one week if taken care of properly. To maintain this style, moisturize as needed, and at night very gently pull the hair in a high, loose ponytail, ontop of her head so the curls don't get smushed, and put on her satin bonnet on or have her sleep on a satin pillowcase.


Here's some more pictures of her natural hair using Long & Extra Wide Curlformers with absolutely no heat!

Photobucket

Photobucket

If you would like to purchase Curlformers, they sell them on their website. They carry several different Styling Kits, along with Starter Packs. I would suggest buying a Styling Kit, which includes many Curlformers, two hooks, a cute bag to keep the Curlformers in, and an instruction sheet (around $60 US Dollars) because the starter packs are around $12 US Dollars, not including a hook. You can also find Curlformers at Sally's Beauty Supply, although they do not have a big variety.

Happy shopping!

I would like to thank Curlformers for allowing us to review their product.

Disclosure: The product(s) were sent to me free of charge from the company or PR agency for the purpose of this review. My opinions are my own and are not influenced by any other part.

5 comments :

  1. Both mother and daughter look gorgeous. The result of the curlformers looks very good on you, A's mom :).

    *Muffin*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur. Little A does look just like you. Love those curls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I never thought it could be used on dry hair, but it turned out beautifully! Her hair looks incredibly soft too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally got around to ordering and purchasing a set of curlformers after reading and viewing your results and reviews... and i am hooked i love mine... I tried them on my hair first as the dummy guiena pig and they worked better than any other curling product i've ever used. These are deffinatley money worth spending.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.