Sunday, January 23, 2011

Tangle Teezer Review

I have been avoiding the Tangle Teezer for well over 1 year now because 1. It looks scary, 2. It looks like it will rip your hair out, 3. It looks scary. I finally decided to head to Sally's and pay the $10 to give it a try after all the recent reviews and videos and let me cut to the chase, I love it!

The bristles on the Tangle Teezer are not hard (as they appear), they are actually soft and smooth. I washed A's hair as I normally do and loaded it up with Herbal Essences Totally Twisted conditioner, I worked on small/medium sections, did a quick finger detangle then got started with the Tangle Teezer. As always, I started from her ends and worked my way up to the roots. There was no tugging on her scalp, it just glides right through her hair! Detangling was a snap. After wearing her previous style (side cornrows with braid out) for over a week I thought it was going to take some time but we were done in about 15-20 minutes. I will add, holding this in the palm of your hand will take a little getting used to, for me anyway. You can see below, very little hair came out (the white stuff is conditioner). While I was detangling A's hair, I asked her if it hurt, she replied, "No, it's soft!". After we were all done I asked her which brush she liked better, I showed her the modified Denman D3 and the Tangle Teezer, she said she likes the Tangle Teezer best, I think I agree. She told me the Denman is hard and the Tangle Teezer is soft, I'm guessing she's referring to the bristles.


The real challenge? My almost 2-year-old, Lil Man. He hates when I touch his hair. Well, he actually let me brush his hair with the Tangle Teezer! I was SHOCKED! He moved his head a bit, but that's expected. I also allowed A to brush my hair with the Tangle Teezer and it felt great. Absolutely no tugging on my scalp. This is a keeper!

Now, I'm not sure how this would work on A's dry (well moisturized) hair, but I will keep you all posted. So far I'm loving it.

You can purchase the Tangle Teezer from Sally's Beauty Supply for $9.99. They have them in purple (with glitter), black and pink.

I would love to hear what you think of your Tangle Teezer in the comment section!

20 comments :

  1. We love ours! Got it online for $15 though...didn't realize Sally sells them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also pleasantly surprised with the Tangle Teezer and my 2.5yo daughter definitely noticed a difference too. I haven't really used my Denman since I bought it and it works just as well on dry hair. I will definitely be picking up another one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was waiting on this review! Glad it worked well! Im going to Sally's and pick it up tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. It does look scary at first but it works so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really is a great tool I tell everyone about it. My husband laughs when he hears me talking about it, I'm sure he probably thinks I should get a PR job with them.
    What I love about it that it truly does work on every texture of hair. My hair is thick and curly, my nieces hair is thicker than mine and curly, and my son hated getting his hair brush but loves TT!
    I love it so much I want to order the travel one but it's only sold in the UK. However I'm still going to get it because I think it will last longer; especially now that all the little people love brushing their hair.

    If anyone knows where you can get the travel version without having to order it from the UK please share thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use the Tangle Teezer all the time in my baby's hair. I've been using it for two years now - it's the best brush ever!! I blogged about it not that long ago and showed how I go about taming my daughter's mane:
    http://treasuresfortots.blogspot.com/2010/03/taming-that-mane.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh! I just heard about these yesterday! I would love to try one, Q's hair is beyond it's normal state of frizz right now.... If only I had a Sally's nearby!

    Thanks for the review - and I love the labels! :)

    ~Karli
    www.curlyhairdoideas.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks beyond scary, lol, and something I'd be reluctant to use anywhere except on the ends to remove lent. Don't know. I'd have to work up the nerves to try this one, and on doll hair first, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I avoided it for over a year too, but broke down and bought one. I love it too. It's a great tool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went to Sally's this morning and bought it and there were only 3 Tangle Teezers left! I hope it works for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE THIS BRUSH! I didn't even own a brush, just combs and mostly would just use my fingers through my little girl's hair. But this, magic. It's fantastic. And mine was $20. Ouch, but well worth it!

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you found this tool to be helpful. I have had ours for awhile an DD loves to comb her own hair now. She always got her other combs twisted in her hair @ only 19 months. But this is very easy for her to use.Thank you again, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE this blog. I've read other reviews, but now I'm convinced it's okay to buy. I've bought several other tools to tame my sister's hair. Some haven't even been used yet, so I felt guilty about making another purchase. But if it works, I have to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been wondering about those, they have been looking scary to me too. But after reading this, I might have to get me one, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the review. I had one and stopped using it but now I'll go back to it. At the time, I had asked DD if it hurt and she her answer? "Good" She was 2 at the time and I was skeptical because she's very sweet and agreeable. Especially when there's a movie on.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for this review! I will definitely check this out now - I'd love anything that would make this process easier. My DD is a drama queen about it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for this review! I will definitely check this out now - I'd love anything that would make this process easier. My DD is a drama queen about it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ok, I tried Tangle Teezer on my daughter's hair and i really didnt like it all that much. I think i prefer my modified Denman. The Denman just seems to glide alot better though her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just tried the Tangle Teezer on my daughter during the detangling process and loved it. She didn't complain one bit! This is a must have. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.