Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Side Cornrows with Braid Out


She came up with this pose, lol! What you don't know is everytime we're done taking pictures of a style we goof off and have a "fashion photo shoot". This is one of her many poses. I'll have to make a behind the scenes post one day. :P




She had 8 braids in with flexi-rods on the ends for the braid out.

Instructions:
  • A's hair was stretched out from wearing her hair in two braids for a few days. I used Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizer to gently "dry" (I put that in quotations because I load her hair up with the luscious moisturizer, lol) detangle her hair. First I used my fingers, then the modified Denman D3 brush.
  • After her hair was completely detangled I started parting a small section of hair near her right ear all the way to her left ear. I cornrowed that section then began randomly parting up and down. I didn't have anything in particular in mind, I was just going with the flow. Any design will work. I'm not very skilled with zig zags and such but I think that would be a nice touch.
  • After cornrowing about half of the right side of her hair I stopped and started parting medium sections of her hair to braid. This was for the braid out. I added flexi-rods on the end of each braid (8 total) and we were done!
  • I took the flexi-rods and large braids out in the morning, fluffed her roots with a comb and she was good to go. :)

Note: This style took about 1.5 hours. I used Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizer and Curly Butter.






Look who lost another tooth! The other has already grown back and this one is already growing back in. The tooth fairy hasn't come to pick this one up yet, whoops!

12 comments :

  1. Adorable! We are still working on braidouts and twistouts, haven't quite gotten it to turn out the way we like it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh mine, this style is so so nice, simple but lovely! she is growing so fast...and wow she has already lost a teeth? Gosh..my kids start loosing theirs at the age of 6 .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and creative! I love the photo shoot photo, lol. We have those too =).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this hairstyle. It looks SO beautiful! I love how those big, thick, curls looks. She's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this style! Her hair is so thick and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute. I will be trying this on my big girl. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really pretty! She is working that pose!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soooo cute!!!! :D I just love the design of the cornrows! ahhh! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this style and she has such a beautiful smile!

    Brianna
    www.girlscurls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's funny seeing her pose like, "Don't I look good? Yes I do." lol.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.