Saturday, May 7, 2011

Flat Twist/Bantu Knot Out Inspired By Naptural85



I've had Naptural85's How To Bantu Knot Out video favorited on Youtube for quite some time now. I decided to try the style last night at the last minute. I styled on wet hair and only used Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizer (by the way, they are having a Mother's Day Sale tomorrow! Use code: BBBMOM for 15% off your purchase). I parted in random sections and detangled with my fingers and a comb. The entire process took maybe 30-40 minutes. The next morning I removed her satin bonnet and took the bantu knots out. Her hair, especially the back, was still quite damp but I went ahead and took the twists out anyway. Next time I will work on slightly damp hair because bantu knots take entirely too long to try. If I had waited for her hair to completely dry I think it would be less frizzy in the back. I still loved the results though, she loves it, too!

Check out the video from Naptural85. Her hair is gorgeous!







17 comments :

  1. This came out beautifully! Love the headband!



    precious-curls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has got to be one of my favorite styles so far. Her hair and A are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is so so so cute...i have been telling pple to try out this one, since last time u posted on facebook...A's is looking fabulous with this result.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful child! And so lucky to have a mom who takes such great care of her gorgeous hair :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is absolutely gorgeous and A is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks really good! I love the curl definition on her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. her always looks cute, good job mom!

    diaryofahairprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the way this turned out!

    I almost always do flat twists for Syd's twist outs, but I have never turned the twists into bantu knots. Definitely putting this one on my gotta-try-it list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing naptural85's video. While I didn't do bantu knots, I did a twist out on my blond curly girl. I loved it, and learned a few things to do differently next time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way this turned out! I don't like the way any of my 'outs' turn out in my daughters hair. Twist out, braid out, it must be the product. IDK.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your daughter is so precious! Love her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That turned out cute! Definitely gonna try that!

    http://untrainedhairmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.