Monday, May 2, 2011

Do You Want To Help A Little Girl Feel Beautiful?

Elisa contacted me about her mission trip to Uganda & Ethiopia. She will be visiting and serving in 4-5 very large orphanages and will be feeding almost 1500 children in one of the feeding programs. She would love to make the little girls feel like princesses by passing out hair accessories. This is an amazing cause but there's not much time! I am asking our fabulous readers for help. She is asking for new or gently used hair accessories to pass out to these girls. She will be collecting them until May 27th. Many girls do not have hair so she really needs some headbands. Read below for more information.

Do you want to be part of something big? Do you want to help a little girl feel beautiful? I am traveling to Uganda and Ethiopia with a team of 30 missionaries on May 31. We are going through an organization called Visiting Orphans. We will be working with several ministries and hundred of girls.

 

 

 
Here is where we will be:
I am collecting all kinds of hair goodies for these precious girls in Africa. All the girls I will be loving on are orphans. Some have hair and some don't. My dream is to shower these girls with hair accessories to make them feel beautiful! Please help me by sending new or gently used hair accessories. I will be collecting them until May 27.

 
Some things that would be appreciated are:
  • Barrettes
  • Knockers
  • Rubberbands
  • Rat Tail combs
  • Sectioning Clips
  • Beads
  • Lots of Headbands (as many girls do not have any hair)

 
Here is a video of the last group that brought beauty to some precious girls!

 
Bows & Bows & Bows in Ethiopia from Kari Gibson on Vimeo.

Bows & Bows & Bows in Ethiopia from Kari Gibson on Vimeo.

 

 
You can mail these items to:
Elisa Hyman
P.O. Box 280
Willard, MO 65781


8 comments :

  1. This is such a great thing.. Every girl should feel like the princesses they are :] i know these little girls will be very happy

    SN: the two little girls mother in the last picture also has an amazing blog kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com just thought i'd share. its very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Copy and pasting this into my blog!!!!! already put this up on facebook. May God provide and be with your missions trip. This is simply beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW... what a great cause! Just think, these are things that are readily available for our little girls and I'm sure MANY of us have tons of gently used and/or new hair accessories that we can give to a worthy cause! Who wouldn't want to help a precious little girl feel beautiful...with tears in my eyes (happy tears) I'm gathering my supplies to be mailed out tomorrow...Thank you for posting this and I encourage everyone to donate!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting this, it is very timely. We are working on some volunteer and service projects with DD this month and this is a one that she will enjoy doing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to do this. Also if this were posted to forums like NaturallyCurly or LHCF I think a lot of people would donate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!!! I CANNOT WAIT TO SHARE THE PICTURES WITH Y'ALL! THINK BIG...I JUST FOUND OUT TODAY, WE ARE LOOKING AT ABOUT 4,000 GIRLS!!!!

    Also, www.twistbraidsnap.com is offering FREE shipping when you order and ship to me. AND they are going to match donations after we reach 25 orders!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Beads, Braids & Beyond- from the bottom of my heart!!! In February, I took over 2,000 headbands to crown princesses in Ethiopia, living on the trash dump in Korah. It was the most life-changing opportunity to give bows & headbands wrapped in love from bloggers all over the world!

    We are now collecting headbands for our Visiting Orphans trip to Uganda in June and my team member, Elisa Hyman is starting a frenzy for bows!!!! Here is the blog post if you want to learn more- http://mycrazyadoption.org/i-need-bows-headbands-for-uganda-princesses-and-princes
    We'll be visiting literally hundreds & hundreds of orphans in Uganda- every little girl deserves to feel beautiful!!
    We are all called to Simply Love.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Please do not use our blog to advertise or promote anything without our permission. Also, remember this is a children's blog so lets keep it friendly! Thank you.